All
Decided to draw him again.
Attachment 935482
Oh wow, no bad love the glasses and u have made such a massive improvement
Brutal Bee
Badges: 22
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
Ye thanks. The biggest challenge was getting things in the right proportion, like the lips... Those took me 2 hours atleast, and they still dont look as good as I wanted them. Realism, I have realised, cant be rushed. Unlike my other drawings where I would rush them at the and and it would still look professional. This took me 3 days, each day I spent from 1PM - 6PM with a couple of 15 min breaks. I usually draw superheroes or singers, here's an example of my previous drawing of a singer.
Your dedication is really impressive! Any tips? I can't even sit down for an hour to focus on a drawing.

Your drawing is very good! I would say keep experimenting with different techniques (I am not an art student so I don't know specific ones) and use different pencils for shading. Try them all, the B pencils and the H ones - Bs are softer, if I recall correctly and the Hs are harder. Honestly, just keep drawing and you will improve so much by experimenting.

You should post more drawings on this thread in the future
Last edited by Brutal Bee; 6 days ago
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Brutal Bee
Ye this drawing took 9 hours, the previous one took 13😂😂😂😭. Thank you for the compliment, however I myself am not an art student too. I wanted to be but didnt really like the idea of being told what to draw and what style to draw in. So i just started to teach myself. I used the: 4B, 3B, 2B, 4H and F pencils as those are the ones I could find😂😂.
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
not bad tbh (:
just maybe work on the shading and i think it'll be great
kadiatuj0001
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Brutal Bee
Ye this drawing took 9 hours, the previous one took 13😂😂😂😭. Thank you for the compliment, however I myself am not an art student too. I wanted to be but didnt really like the idea of being told what to draw and what style to draw in. So i just started to teach myself. I used the: 4B, 3B, 2B, 4H and F pencils as those are the ones I could find😂😂.
wow u have time 😂😂
must be very dedicated
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
khadijaaaxxxx which drawing? I have posted an improvement about an hour ago
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
khadijaaaxxxx which drawing? I have posted an improvement about an hour ago
the first one
sorry i didnt see the second one! (:
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
kadiatuj0001 I usually spread the time over many days, like an hour or 2 a day. But today was Eid, and it's lockdown so I was free all day, so i decided to draw
Brutal Bee
Badges: 22
Report 6 days ago
Brutal Bee
If you do more drawings, please share them! Do you draw often?

Oh wow that's honestly amazing. You are obviously very dedicated. : ) Oh and you should follow artist instagram pages, most sometimes share tips and tricks heehee
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brutal Bee)
If you do more drawings, please share them! Do you draw often?

Oh wow that's honestly amazing. You are obviously very dedicated. : ) Oh and you should follow artist instagram pages, most sometimes share tips and tricks heehee
I have done a lot of drawings in the past, and I have improved massively in the last 3 years. I post all my art on instagram. Idk if i'm allowed to share my insta as it goes against the rules, i think anyway. I draw often, but its in like irregular patterns. Sometimes I draw every week, Then theres a month gap, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (110)
39.01%
Take autumn exams (90)
31.91%
Look for a job (8)
2.84%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.19%
Take a year out (47)
16.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
6.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise