Help! Student fees confusion Buckingham University

Watch
amber2106
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have received an offer from Buckingham University, but I am bit confused with regards to the student fees. Will I be eligible able to get a student loan to pay off university or is the money coming from my own pocket as I saw payment portal on their Website. I know this may be a stupid question but any advice really appreciated.
Last edited by amber2106; 1 week ago
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would like to believe that all universities accept student loans so long as they are through SFE. Since your loans are separate to the university as you can apply for them before even getting an offer. Once you apply for the tuition fee loan there will be a scheduled date for when it will be paid. Keep in mind this gets paid directly to the university and not into your bank account. The other loan however (maintenance loan) gets paid into your bank account (not all at once).

All these payments begin AFTER you start your course.

Hope that helps
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by amber2106)
I have received an offer from Buckingham University, but I am bit confused with regards to the student fees. Will I be eligible able to get a student loan to pay off university or is the money coming from my own pocket as I saw payment portal on their Website. I know this may be a stupid question but any advice really appreciated.
It's a private university so sfe won't cover all of your fees
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by amber2106)
Have you checked with SFE how much they will pay? I don't think they cover all of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (160)
38.55%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.36%
Look for a job (15)
3.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.34%
Take a year out (70)
16.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.27%

Watched Threads