Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm wondering if I can get pregnant having sex on my period. Also I don't want him covered in my blood. Can you have sex on period? Is it a sensible thing to do?
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes you can have sex on your period. Many men don't mind when a woman is on her period and sex can also help alleviate menstrual pains as well as stress.

To answer your primary concern, you can get pregnant at any time however the risk is low since ovulation normally occurs 10 to 16 days before your period starts. At this moment (assuming you're on your period) you will have a low risk of an unwanted pregnancy.

Discuss with your sexual partner what preferences each of you have pertaining to sexual intercourse. It is recommended to use other forms of protection regardless of the low risk as nothing is ever 100%. Not to mention risk of STI/D(s) assuming none of you are tested yet.

I hope that helps.
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As above, really - you totally can, and blood is easily dealt with by laying down a towel and wiping yourselves down after. Have a look here: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/sex_period

You are still at risk of pregnancy and STDs, so take your usual precautions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (70)
40.46%
Take autumn exams (58)
33.53%
Look for a job (4)
2.31%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.47%
Take a year out (24)
13.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
6.36%

Watched Threads