Online Learning Fatigue

Watch
PMono92
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi All!

I just wanted to get a feel for if others are feeling the same way as I am. Since Lockdown I've been doing online learning for uni as so many of us have, but am starting to find it utterly exhausting.

Firstly, I never spend this much time in front of a screen and I've gone to spending 7.5-8+ hours in front of a screen 5 days a week and still not getting through the mountain of stuff they are setting us. Usually, we would have 2-3 lectures plus seminars in the week and you'd get through all the work they had set by the following week.

Has anybody noticed an increase of workload through activities, and reading etc.

I honestly can't wait to go back to a physical university building again, I'm definitely getting screen fatigue.

elenalelan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PMono92)
Hi All!

I just wanted to get a feel for if others are feeling the same way as I am. Since Lockdown I've been doing online learning for uni as so many of us have, but am starting to find it utterly exhausting.

Firstly, I never spend this much time in front of a screen and I've gone to spending 7.5-8+ hours in front of a screen 5 days a week and still not getting through the mountain of stuff they are setting us. Usually, we would have 2-3 lectures plus seminars in the week and you'd get through all the work they had set by the following week.

Has anybody noticed an increase of workload through activities, and reading etc.

I honestly can't wait to go back to a physical university building again, I'm definitely getting screen fatigue.
Definitely!! If you haven't already, I would really recommend downloading "flux" - it's a program that adjusts the light on your screen in order to rest your eyes later in the evening. Also make sure you take regular breaks even if that's just doing a bit of stretching, drinking water, or having longer breaks to do an activity you enjoy. I have found my motivation decreasing massively over the course of the past few months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads