The Student Room Group

I missed the accommodation deadline

Ok so I have been meaning to apply for accommodation for a while, and I know I really should have but I think because I'm not sure if I'm gonna get my grades applying for accommodation now is getting ahead of myself a bit. Does anyone kind of know what I mean? Nevertheless I was still going to apply and I didn't realise till recently that the deadline was in fact the 27th of July. Today is the 27th of July so I will apply today but I realised on my unis website earlier that the deadline was at 9 o'clock today. Meaning I have missed it by several hours. They said that in previous years everyone has had accommodationeven if they applied late. But now they are operating o a first come first served basis. If I apply within a few hours does anybody know if I will still be able to get accommodation? I feel like I haven't missed it by much but I'm worried I'm not gonna get any now. If it's important I am applying to Cardiff university.
Thanks
If you had to rank your preferences you are less likely to get your first choice. I highly doubt you won't be offered any accommodation though so don't worry!
Reply 2
Original post by Bvbfan
Ok so I have been meaning to apply for accommodation for a while, and I know I really should have but I think because I'm not sure if I'm gonna get my grades applying for accommodation now is getting ahead of myself a bit. Does anyone kind of know what I mean? Nevertheless I was still going to apply and I didn't realise till recently that the deadline was in fact the 27th of July. Today is the 27th of July so I will apply today but I realised on my unis website earlier that the deadline was at 9 o'clock today. Meaning I have missed it by several hours. They said that in previous years everyone has had accommodationeven if they applied late. But now they are operating o a first come first served basis. If I apply within a few hours does anybody know if I will still be able to get accommodation? I feel like I haven't missed it by much but I'm worried I'm not gonna get any now. If it's important I am applying to Cardiff university.
Thanks

Hi i know this was last year but the same thing has happened to me this year!! Did you end up with accommodation??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending