Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Okay, so last month, about a week and half after my period ended, I got some brown discharge, almost like the signs of a period. It continued for a week, and then everything was back on track, I had my next period when it was due, and it was all good.
But, yesterday I also got the same brown discharge and because I finished this month's period on the 11th, I didn't think too much about it. But now it isn't discharge, it's like dark blood, so I put a tampon in and I think it's an early period. Why is this happening?
Anonymous #1
Oh and also, I'm eating normally, haven't exercised as much as I usually do but no big difference, and I've been really relaxed and happy lately(no stress).
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like some spotting (bleeding between periods) - have a look here https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...tween-periods/. It can be totally normal - you might want to speak to your GP, though, if it’s concerning you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)
Sounds like some spotting (bleeding between periods) - have a look here https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...tween-periods/. It can be totally normal - you might want to speak to your GP, though, if it’s concerning you
Thank you so much for replying! Do you think this will happen for the rest of my cycles, because it seems like there is a pattern of when this happens. Also, do you think I should seek medical help if this is something that continues on in the future, or is it normal?
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much for replying! Do you think this will happen for the rest of my cycles, because it seems like there is a pattern of when this happens. Also, do you think I should seek medical help if this is something that continues on in the future, or is it normal?
Not necessarily - the female reproductive system is a complex thing, and spotting can just happen for a few months then resolve on its own, often it can be a stress thing (but also not - so worth stressing (ha!) to your doctor that you want to be checked over if you do go).

The NHS advice is "if you're concerned about bleeding or it lasts longer than a few months, you should seek medical advice", so I would absolutely get it checked up if it continues (or even now, tbh, depends on you really), especially if there's no 'good reason' (like recently changing contraception).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)
Not necessarily - the female reproductive system is a complex thing, and spotting can just happen for a few months then resolve on its own, often it can be a stress thing (but also not - so worth stressing (ha!) to your doctor that you want to be checked over if you do go).

The NHS advice is "if you're concerned about bleeding or it lasts longer than a few months, you should seek medical advice", so I would absolutely get it checked up if it continues (or even now, tbh, depends on you really), especially if there's no 'good reason' (like recently changing contraception).
Thank you for helping me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (106)
38.41%
Take autumn exams (88)
31.88%
Look for a job (8)
2.9%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.26%
Take a year out (47)
17.03%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
6.52%

Watched Threads