Musical artist recommendations

Watch
username5100672
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am looking to listen to some new artists. I currently listen to Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez, the new album off Lady Gaga (chromatica), Dua lipa, Elvis Presley, Justin Bieber, etc.

I was wondering if there are any artists that you would recommend that write and sing about their struggles, stories and emotions through music like some of the artists above (I relate to Ariana's music and like her 'cause of this).

what do you recommend? I will listen to whatever genre it is as long as it isn't metal (I've tried to listen to it and only like 2 songs).

Thank you so much!
SAE Institute Staff
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I'm Beth and I work for SAE. I spoke to some of our expert Audio and Music Business lecturers to see which artists they would recommend, and they suggested listening to

1) Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
2) Shypho - Proof of Concept
3) Andy Shauf - The Neon Skyline
4) Opeth - Blackwater Park
5) New Radicals - Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed Too
6) Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dream
7) Nadeeka Jayawardana - Sihinayak
8) Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone
9) Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
10) Bright Eyes - LIFTED Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear Close To The Ground
11) Halsey - hopeless fountain kingdom

You can read our full article about these albums here: https://www.sae.edu/gbr/11-albums-listen-cover-cover

In terms of those that write about their struggles, you might especially like the Halsey album as she writes about her experiences as a bisexual woman with bipolar disorder. Let me know if you have a listen what you think about it!
username5100672
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by BethKirkbride)
Hey! I'm Beth and I work for SAE. I spoke to some of our expert Audio and Music Business lecturers to see which artists they would recommend, and they suggested listening to

1) Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
2) Shypho - Proof of Concept
3) Andy Shauf - The Neon Skyline
4) Opeth - Blackwater Park
5) New Radicals - Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed Too
6) Smashing Pumpkins, Siamese Dream
7) Nadeeka Jayawardana - Sihinayak
8) Spanish Love Songs - Brave Faces Everyone
9) Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
10) Bright Eyes - LIFTED Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear Close To The Ground
11) Halsey - hopeless fountain kingdom

You can read our full article about these albums here: https://www.sae.edu/gbr/11-albums-listen-cover-cover

In terms of those that write about their struggles, you might especially like the Halsey album as she writes about her experiences as a bisexual woman with bipolar disorder. Let me know if you have a listen what you think about it!
Thank you so much! I will have a listen to them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.41%
Okay (114)
29.01%
A bit lacking (150)
38.17%
Not good at all (92)
23.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed