Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, the fresher's ball at oceana in october...ive bougght tickets for it...I know its a bal, but am i supposed to wear a tuxedo? the dress code is smart formal...surely a suit would do?

i own a suit (pinstriped)..do most people (male) come in a tuxedo, or as said above will a suit suffice?

oh and does anyone have any ideas as to how much hiing a tuxedo costs?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    From the Facebook group:

DRESS CODE - Smart (Dresses for Ladies, Suits for Gents)
    It seems that everyone's just wearing suits, which are obviously a fair bit cheaper than tuxedos...

As for the cost of hiring a tux, I'd say £30 at most, less if you go to the right place.

ReputationRep:
    cool thanks dude

ReputationRep:
    I read they were really strict with IDs and the whole "18+" thing at the freshers ball so i havent bothered buying a ticket, i think i'd wear a kilt if i was going though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamin)
    I read they were really strict with IDs and the whole "18+" thing at the freshers ball so i havent bothered buying a ticket, i think i'd wear a kilt if i was going though
    I'd gladly do that if I had the legs for it. Sadly, I don't...:o:

Glad I spotted this post. I was just going to turn up in jeans and a shirt to be honest. I was sure it said Smart/Smart Casual. Screw it being a 'ball'. Oops :p:

Guess I'm renting again. Burton is reasonably cheap, and does a nice variety of kilts. And if I don't have the legs, or the cash, for that...who knows. I feel like I'm the only person without a suit (I've never ever ever ever had the need for one....ever...) - though maybe hiring a suit jacket might be the cheaper option.

I'll think it over - I have 3 weeks before even hitting Uni. [I think Suit jacket would be cheaper, what with the SU Ball too...]

ReputationRep:
    I'll just recycle my prom dress for sixth form. I bought a ticket but not sure if I'm going yet. Probably I guess.

ReputationRep:
    ill be going, reuse the sixth form ball trousers and tie!

EDIT: and the shirt obviously (Primark, bargain!)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.