Do people judge people by the way they dress ?

Watch
JessH06
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi do people judge people by the way they dress ?

I just feel like wearing my grey tracksuits all the time now with my black ugg style boots or converse I find it really comfy and don’t see the point in dressing up anymore for no reason but I feel I will get judged all the time should I worry about being judged by people I know like distant family and friends ?
cherryxberry
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If they judge you then so what? You wear whatever you feel comfortable in
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, all the time.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you expecting different replies to the same question you asked yesterday? :confused:
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It depends what you mean by judge.
Most sighted people do include their first impressions of a stranger's physical appearance, body language and fashion choices when forming opinions about them.
LucLewis
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes. Don’t live your life in fancy clothes though. Just look after yourself and dress well, groom yourself. It’s all you need because it tells people that you care about yourself and they should too.
username5198700
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone wearing a tracksuit should be fined!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Literally used to fight over it :lol:
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Read this.
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JessH06)
Hi do people judge people by the way they dress ?

I just feel like wearing my grey tracksuits all the time now with my black ugg style boots or converse I find it really comfy and don’t see the point in dressing up anymore for no reason but I feel I will get judged all the time should I worry about being judged by people I know like distant family and friends ?
I'm a bit hyper-vigilant, so I definitely notice how people on average behave differently around me depending on my outfit. Ranging from shy glances, to people attempting to push past in public spaces, or giving way instead, to aggressive posturing from f>>king delinquents. And no, I wasn't wearing a football shirt then.

And definitely, people's cultural backgrounds are strongly correlated with this. Some are just more judgemental / superficial than others. I know this because I am a dual national that's spent 50/50 of his life in both countries. People are just raised differently in different parts of the world.
Last edited by NonIndigenous; 1 week ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Read this.
And this
riskku
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean you will get judged. For example in the area i live at people who wear certain outfits are called chav's. But in the end you shouldn't care about what others think. But if your going for a job interview or going to a formal place you have to dress nice to present a certain image. If your just doing informal, casual stuff then I don't see the problem at all.
15Characters...
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't tend to notice what people wear unless it's obviously eyecatching or I deliberately think about it. I don't think grey tracksuits would get my attention.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (209)
38.56%
Take autumn exams (163)
30.07%
Look for a job (19)
3.51%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.06%
Take a year out (96)
17.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.09%

Watched Threads