[Golden Thread] How has lockdown changed your exercise routine?

Watch
-Eirlys-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 20th August 2020 to be in with a chance of winning an Amazon Voucher! The more you post, the higher your chance of winning Image But remember not to spam or your post will be removed Image

With the shut down of gyms throughout the UK due to the lockdown, how has your exercise routine changed? Have you managed to exercise more at home or have you exercised very little?

Here's the list of 2020 golden threads:

Golden ThreadsWhat will you miss about lockdown?
Sum up 2020 so far in a gif/meme
What would you change your TSR username to, and why?
If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What do you think the world will look like in 5 years time?
If you were president for the day, what rule would you enforce?
What did you accomplish during lockdown?
How has lockdown changed your role?
What's the most useful thing you learnt at school?
Design a sandwich for 8472 to eat
How has lockdown changed your exercise regime?
Last edited by Lemur14; 1 week ago
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I had spurts of exercise for a few days, and then the motivation would run dry, then it would start up again. It's on it's own cycle. Pun intended.

Did enjoy longer walks outside in scenic areas I did not know existed near where I live.
bluemuffin
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve started going on daily runs
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bought peloton subscription. Used it once. That counts, right!?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It hasn't

I never had one
Becca216
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wouldn't say I had an 'exercise routine' but I was definitley a lot healthier pre-lockdown.

During the week I would walk to and from my house to the bus stop, then from the bus station to college and back and some days I would go into town for lunch. (I would normally get 8,000-10,000 steps a day).

I also play hockey but that has also been cancelled - I used to have at least 1 training session a week and 1 or 2 matches

Now I try and get out for a walk or cycle once a day but yeah I am dreading the start of the hockey season as I am definitely not as fit as I used to be....
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Definitely been exercising more regularly and adopting a much better work/life balance due to lockdown :yy:
I hope it may continue into next year!
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not really, no. I've learned to adapt in the current circumstances, and I feel as though I'm still doing well.
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been running up and down the stairs more often as my revision resources are everywhere! :erm:
SusannaW
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes it has - I’d normally go to Zumba and swimming once a week and obviously I can’t anymore. I’ve got into doing lots of home workouts (Joe Wicks!!), weights and running.
belle.c
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Walked three miles a day, as well as doing loads of Chloe Ting Challenges haha, basic I know
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's non-existent now
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve done a lot more! Started with YouTube workouts and running, then just running, and now just youtube workouts! :lol:
gabostrk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got used to exercising outdoors. This made me find a new hobby
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I used to walk to and from work every day, adding up to around 1.5 hours walking in total. Not having to do that as often has meant that I'm now doing far fewer steps than I was
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by -Eirlys-)
This is a golden thread. Join in with this discussion before 20th August 2020 to be in with a chance of winning an Amazon Voucher! The more you post, the higher your chance of winning Image But remember not to spam or your post will be removed Image

With the shut down of gyms throughout the UK due to the lockdown, how has your exercise routine changed? Have you managed to exercise more at home or have you exercised very little?

Here's the list of 2020 golden threads:

Golden ThreadsWhat will you miss about lockdown?
Sum up 2020 so far in a gif/meme
What would you change your TSR username to, and why?
If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What do you think the world will look like in 5 years time?
If you were president for the day, what rule would you enforce?
What did you accomplish during lockdown?
How has lockdown changed your role?
What's the most useful thing you learnt at school?
Design a sandwich for 8472 to eat
How has lockdown changed your exercise regime?
What i do find ironic, is boris johnsons anti obesity push... And then tells everyone in a foreign country (Spain) they must come home and sit at home for two weeks.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've become more active, realising the importance of physical activity. It's now a priority instead of a "it would be nice" goal to get my steps up and go for regular long walks. I make time to do it, instead of waiting for free time to crop up.
jemima0103
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well I used to walk a lot more. If anything, my exercise routine got worse, and my eating got healthier. Hopefully one day I'll get that at the same time
Realitysreflexx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I've become more active, realising the importance of physical activity. It's now a priority instead of a "it would be nice" goal to get my steps up and go for regular long walks. I make time to do it, instead of waiting for free time to crop up.
👏👏👏
spotify95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've never had an exercise routine to be honest, uness you count a 15 minute walk to and from the train station (to my work) as exercise
in which case, it's reduced because I'm staying at home (especially since I am now avoiding going anywhere where a mask is required - I tried using it once today and hated the soddin' thing!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (163)
38.17%
Take autumn exams (130)
30.44%
Look for a job (16)
3.75%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.22%
Take a year out (73)
17.1%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.32%

Watched Threads