[Golden Thread] How has lockdown changed your exercise routine?

Watch
oliviamkc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
At the start of exercise I took “daily exercise” very seriously and would go on walks by myself, tk keep myself active and clear my mind.
Further and further into the pandemic, I began to be a bit more lazy & stopped going for daily walks.

I have recently however, begun cycling with my dad - something thst it took us until lockdown (as I’m back from uni) to do, which I’m thoroughly enjoying.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Did anyone else notice that during the full lockdown phase there where more people than ever jogging!?
chickennuggets12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
just as non-existent as ever. But now I feel less bad about it, cause almost everyone has given up
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Did anyone else notice that during the full lockdown phase there where more people than ever jogging!?
Yes! But I wonder if they were mostly people who would normally go to the gym?
yzanne
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I went through quite the struggle! at first I worked out every other morning and then had a shower afterwards in lieu of the gym - I was originally doing some work for school so it was a good way to let off steam. :yep:

i didn't do anything for a month.....got really unfit and lost stamina....tried again for 2 weeks....lost it....

now I'm back working out maybe 2-3 times a week, which is better than nothing :yep:
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Yes, and more people out and about walking as families too.
gabostrk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by yzanne)
I went through quite the struggle! at first I worked out every other morning and then had a shower afterwards in lieu of the gym - I was originally doing some work for school so it was a good way to let off steam. :yep:

i didn't do anything for a month.....got really unfit and lost stamina....tried again for 2 weeks....lost it....

now I'm back working out maybe 2-3 times a week, which is better than nothing :yep:
Congratulations for coming back to it. I'm sure you'll be successful when youre resilient enough to stick to your workout habits
cloud_9_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
used to never exercise unless i count walking to my bus stop everyday. now I try to exercise at least 3x a week at home which is good for me
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i went from being able to run a sub 20min 5km to not running :blushing:
My main exercise is horse riding (9+ hours at the stables each time lol) and walks/bike rides.
I used to do sports every day after school, and cricket training 3 times a week too, now none of that
_Mia101
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I move around less on a day to day, but i do try and actively work out at least a few times a week
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by cloud_9_)
used to never exercise unless i count walking to my bus stop everyday. now I try to exercise at least 3x a week at home which is good for me
Wow good stuff

(Original post by macy_m)
i went from being able to run a sub 20min 5km to not running :blushing:
My main exercise is horse riding (9+ hours at the stables each time lol) and walks/bike rides.
I used to do sports every day after school, and cricket training 3 times a week too, now none of that
It's okay to take a break
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I can't go swimming anymore. Also, not really lockdown, but it's getting into summer and it's like 36C everyday so I can't even go for walks outside.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Before lockdown - non-existent
Now - existent
kadiatuj0001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
i used to exercise before lock down but i feel like i exercise even more than i did before
probably because of the free time
Oshmit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I've started running in the park after gyms shut and am not planning to go back to the gym... the outdoors are wonderful!
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
i workout at least 5 times a week now
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Oshmit)
I've started running in the park after gyms shut and am not planning to go back to the gym... the outdoors are wonderful!
I always feel self conscious running in the park, but I prefer being out especially in scenic areas when the weather is nice than inside in a gym. Only problem is weights, I have to do that at home or in the gym.
Sam_R9
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I've got plenty of free time during this lockdown so it's just made me more active.
I work out everyday now :dumbells:
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Me : says I need to exercise more
Lockdown: Gives me all the free time i could ever need to exercise
Also me: ...stays in bed all day on my phone

:yep:
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
Me : says I need to exercise more
Lockdown: Gives me all the free time i could ever need to exercise
Also me: ...stays in bed all day on my phone

:yep:
That's what I prefer to do with my free time. But when you get bored of that ... that's when you'll get other things done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (181)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (270)
49.82%
I still don't know (91)
16.79%

Watched Threads