ManofBabylon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
For law firms that pay their trainees LPC fees, do they usually require their trainees to sign an undertaking to repay training costs form? I know that the Government Legal Department do and I wanted to see whether this was common practice.
crime_doesnt_pay
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ManofBabylon)
For law firms that pay their trainees LPC fees, do they usually require their trainees to sign an undertaking to repay training costs form? I know that the Government Legal Department do and I wanted to see whether this was common practice.
Normally law firms will have something in the training contract which says that if you leave within a certain amount of time you have to pay back the fees.
Johnny ~
Badges: 12
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ManofBabylon)
For law firms that pay their trainees LPC fees, do they usually require their trainees to sign an undertaking to repay training costs form?
The way you've expressed this bit makes no sense.

The usual stipulation is that you have to repay your fees if you drop out at any point after they have confirmed your place on the LPC and before you have completed your training contract. So if you left half-way through the training contract, they'd ask for their money back. Some (cheap and awful) firms will require you to repay a fraction if you leave within X many years of qualification.

Obviously this still applies if you self-funded the LPC and had your fees reimbursed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (180)
24.73%
Better than expected (146)
20.05%
Worse than expected (402)
55.22%

Watched Threads