Has anyone else NOT signed up for student finance yet for starting uni in Sep 2020

Watch
Joy L
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Just wondering
Ellielindsay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I put an application in on Friday (got a last minute place on a course) and now have to send off my evidence (son's birth certicifate, my marriage certificate and proof of child tax credit). I'm hoping it'll be processed before the start of term, but I doubt it 😬
Joy L
Rep:
?
Oh, ok, I best get on with it then!
Joy L
Rep:
?
What happens if it isn't processed before the start of term? Does it mean you can't go?
Ellielindsay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Joy L)
What happens if it isn't processed before the start of term? Does it mean you can't go?
I fortunately have enough in savings that I can cover the cost if finance doesn't come through immediately, but I'm hoping the uni will wait. I'm sure there are plenty of people who get last minute offers through clearing etc who'll be applying late in the year. I imagine Covid must have an impact on the speed at which they process orders!
Joy L
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellielindsay)
I fortunately have enough in savings that I can cover the cost if finance doesn't come through immediately, but I'm hoping the uni will wait. I'm sure there are plenty of people who get last minute offers through clearing etc who'll be applying late in the year. I imagine Covid must have an impact on the speed at which they process orders!
Exactly, I've heard most uni's don't demand actual payment till the second semester as long as you can prove you have made contact with student finance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (160)
38.55%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.36%
Look for a job (15)
3.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.34%
Take a year out (70)
16.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.27%

Watched Threads