The Student Room Group

How to let go of friends?

Hi!

So across the last few days, I’ve found that a friend of mine is doing everything she can to actively be a fake friend.

She’s acting all nice to my face and all that but her texts and things like that prove she’s not a true friend.

How do I stop being friends with her? Do I just start ignoring her?

I’ve had a conversation with her and explained that I know what she’s been doing. She admitted to it but then just moved on. Idk how to end the friendship.

Any advice haha?

Scroll to see replies

Just say straight to her face that I don't want to be your friend. Done that before and guarantee it works!!
It’s so difficult ahha
Original post by Halfeti Rose
Just say straight to her face that I don't want to be your friend. Done that before and guarantee it works!!

Yeah maybe! I don’t want to cause a fight or anything ahah! :smile:
You just find new ones.
Original post by NonIndigenous
You just find new ones.

I have haha! Just need to get this girl off my back, she’s actively trying to be all friendly but I know she’s not good for me haha :smile:
Block her and move on with your life. You don’t owe people anything.
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Hi!

So across the last few days, I’ve found that a friend of mine is doing everything she can to actively be a fake friend.

She’s acting all nice to my face and all that but her texts and things like that prove she’s not a true friend.

How do I stop being friends with her? Do I just start ignoring her?

I’ve had a conversation with her and explained that I know what she’s been doing. She admitted to it but then just moved on. Idk how to end the friendship.

Any advice haha?

send me their deets and I'll backhand them to last century :colone: :biggrin:
Yeah maybe! I don’t want to cause a fight or anything ahah! :smile:

Ohh it won't be causing a fight.
You will find closure from the trouble and that's all that matters!
Reply 9
Get new ones and slowly drift away from her.
Or you could do a full fledged "I dont want to be friends anymore" and block her on everything.
I have haha! Just need to get this girl off my back, she’s actively trying to be all friendly but I know she’s not good for me haha :smile:

If she admitted her behaviors to you already... I'm curious as to why you think "she's not good for you".

If she were real bad news, she would have just lied to your face instead about it and made you doubt yourself. Perhaps she's genuinely trying this time?
Original post by Anonymous
Block her and move on with your life. You don’t owe people anything.

Yeah I’m considering it! Just don’t want to cause a fight or anything as this would give her a reason to spread rumours and all that haha :smile:
Original post by chickennuggets12
send me their deets and I'll backhand them to last century :colone: :biggrin:

hahaha!
Original post by NonIndigenous
If she admitted her behaviors to you already... I'm curious as to why you think "she's not good for you".

If she were real bad news, she would have just lied to your face instead about it and made you doubt yourself. Perhaps she's genuinely trying this time?

She’s admitted it and then actively carries on doing the stuff that’s bad. She admitted and was all apologetic but hasn’t changed
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Get new ones and slowly drift away from her.
Or you could do a full fledged "I dont want to be friends anymore" and block her on everything.

Considering it! Haha :smile:
She’s admitted it and then actively carries on doing the stuff that’s bad. She admitted and was all apologetic but hasn’t changed

Yeah, I see now. Checks out.
Yeah I’m considering it! Just don’t want to cause a fight or anything as this would give her a reason to spread rumours and all that haha :smile:

Just stop speaking to her then. Distance yourself from her.
Original post by Anonymous
Just stop speaking to her then. Distance yourself from her.

I’m trying haha! I just mean that if I just block her, she will spread rumours so I’m trying to do it in the best possible way :smile:
yeah, maybe! just don’t want to end on really bad terms in case she starts rumours and all that :smile:
At college. We’ve known each other for 5 years. I mean I would just let her spread the rumours but we were really good friends so she knows secrets and all that! I know it sounds silly but I feel like I’d be constantly worried about her saying something if I just blocked her :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending