Turn on thread page Beta

your friends watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Your friends.
    I don't have a social life.
    9.73%
    I see my friends a few times, if any a month.
    23.01%
    I see most of my friends on a regular basis.
    55.75%
    I have many friends.
    30.09%
    I have a few friends
    41.59%
    I don't have any friends but I wish I did.
    7.08%
    I don't have any friends and I don't care.
    2.65%

ReputationRep:
    I thought I had a big friendship group myself when I was leaving school but person-by-person eventually lost contact with and resulted in just having a few friends who I didn't even meet up with anyway. To get straight to the point, I have no friends that share the same hobbies as me - football, music and generally sport and supporting a team. That's quite bizaree as it's quite a popular selection amongst many people from school. I am going to join a new 6th form instead of my current one as I want to meet people there, hopefully ones who I can relate to abit better. I've met a few friends from work too who do share these hobbies so hopefully be able to start playing football, etc - if i make the effort and don't act too pushy.

Back to the bloody point, your friends - what are your friends like? Are they all from the same school/college or do you have friends from a mixture of places? Do you see them regually? Your social life, busy!?

Share all

ReputationRep:
    will you be my friend?

ReputationRep:
    I have a very busy social life, with friends from all different places; but my main group of friends is a group of 7.

ReputationRep:
    Since leaving college and having to go into hospital I lost touch with a lot of friends. I have a few I text/talk to on msn/facebook regularly, but don't meet up with them that often.

ReputationRep:
    I have plenty of acquaintances that I will talk to 3 -4 times a week.

But I have a group of real friends that I would genuinely consider calling friends.

ReputationRep:
    I have 579 friends and I see them all every time I log onto Facebook to look through their latest photos to see what they've been up to.

ReputationRep:
    My main group of friends consists of 11 people whom some I have known since I was in primary school, the others through high school and family friends. I have other friends whom I wouldn't consider to be in my main circle but still are good friends, the only thing preventing them from being in my main circle is that my other friends don't know them, outside our circle all of us have other friends.

I have a big friendship group and 3 friends who I am super-close to. I see them everyday when I'm at college and I go to Norwich with 4 or 5 of them on a Saturday then I see my friends who are still in High School on Sunday. I have a much, much, much bigger group of friends now than I did in High School. Probably about 50 people I could call friends and quite a few more I know and see at gigs, parties, college, at the pub etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuvle)
    will you be my friend?

Can I join him and be your firiend????

ReputationRep:
    Haha such lovely people. Definately. I wish I wasn't sat on here on a Friday afternoon for starters and answered the phone from work asking to work tonight, this is as exciting as things get at the moment. lol

ReputationRep:
    I have a fairly big group of friends, but im closer to some than others within that group.
    We've just left sixth form so been doing plenty of stuff together over the hols before we're all off to uni. Can see things changing when uni comes around but until then..alls good!

ReputationRep:
    First of all,
    INTERESTING thread!So basically I dont have many friends in my high school. Yes, a lot, hi - and bye friends. But the one really close and hang out with maybe 4 or 5. I am happy with that circle bcoz well we are good ! We are seaparated by now. They go overseas, me too. We do contact but not so much, busy university lives!! and meet new friends? .. But when we return to hometown, we will try to meet up Updating our lives! Which is of course, awesome.

When I was studying in Malaysia for three years, yes I made contact and meet nice local friends ( I am looking forward to meet the same too when I am going to UK, soon!). omg, I m thrilled! Ok continue, so yes, they are different, in lifestyle and principles of relationship and all, they dont do sports, and I love some sports! Some dont smoke, I am, sometimes a variety of! well different things... but when u already made good connection , than you know you meet the good friends. For me though, keep in touch is important. The mean thingis , well, I will not keep in touch if they are not? selfish as it sounds, but well it just better if someone wants to try first /make a move? lol, or better both sides want to try , you know, it just like love. lol.

Appreciate me, FRIENDS and yes, I will appreciate you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm friends with everyone in my 6th form and make an effort to talk to all of them everyday although they do hang around in different groups so it is hard sometimes. Outside of school it's hard to see them becuase we live hours away from eachother, only 2 friends live in my area. We all get together at weekends though, somewhere central. A few of my best friends won't be there when I get back because of moving and uni, quite sucky really

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing but friends.:yeah:

ReputationRep:
    I have no friends.

Anyone want to be my friend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I have no friends.

I will

ReputationRep:
    I have no friends.

:no:

ReputationRep:
    I have no friends.

Aw diddems. I'll be your friend.....as long as you're nice :p:

ReputationRep:
    all my friends live in my computer

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of accquaintances and a few close friends. I've got a lot closer to my friends since high school. I remember in the holiday before sixth form I barely even saw anyone ... Bad times. Nowadays, I see a friend nearly everyday but I'm sure, unfortunately, that that will change when we get to university in September.

My closest friends I met all through school/sixth form. I call them my best friends. One I met in year 2, we lost proper contact but still talked until sixth form and then in the last year have got really friendly again. Another I met when starting high school. He annoyed me at first but by year 9 we were best friends really. He's the friend I'm probably closest to now in personality and in general. And my other best friend I met in year 9... we go through phases of being really close, she always invites me out with her - but then phases of being quite distant and she's changed a lot since I first met her. To be honest, I can't see us being that good friends during/after uni.

And then I have my close acquaintances who I met through a variety of forms - school, sixth form, college (when I was there for two weeks!), the pub, friends of friends etc. Again, I go through phases of being close and not so close to them. They're the kind of people I could call on to meet up with at any point though.

And then I have the more distant acquaintances - the kinda 'hi, bye. what you been up to' kinda of people. People I'd go up to and talk to comfortably on a night out but who I wouldn't arrange a night out with.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.