SFE for Level 3 - College giving me trouble?

Watch
Croyzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all, this is my first time making a question on here, I'm looking for help..

I'm 22, and returning to education, currently waiting on doing my 2 year long Level 3 course.

My college told me last year whilst I was on my Level 2 course that I can't apply for SFE until I'm on a Level 3 or higher course, I emailed the college I am attending asking for the Funding and Information sheet (I think it's called?) last month, and they replied 2 weeks later saying they have no idea what this letter is, I explained what it entails and they then said that I have no need to go through SFE as my course is fully funded for me, I explained to them that I need to be able to, so I can obtain a maintenance loan they again avoided my request and replied with the same thing. The reason why I don't want to go through them for a bursary is because they only gave me £60 a month MAXIMUM, this did not even cover the costs of my fuel monthly. I currently don't work, and don't have any form on income, hence why I need the maintenance loan.

Does anyone have any advice, or a way that I can obtain the needed information?
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Croyzz)
Hi all, this is my first time making a question on here, I'm looking for help..

I'm 22, and returning to education, currently waiting on doing my 2 year long Level 3 course.

My college told me last year whilst I was on my Level 2 course that I can't apply for SFE until I'm on a Level 3 or higher course, I emailed the college I am attending asking for the Funding and Information sheet (I think it's called?) last month, and they replied 2 weeks later saying they have no idea what this letter is, I explained what it entails and they then said that I have no need to go through SFE as my course is fully funded for me, I explained to them that I need to be able to, so I can obtain a maintenance loan they again avoided my request and replied with the same thing. The reason why I don't want to go through them for a bursary is because they only gave me £60 a month MAXIMUM, this did not even cover the costs of my fuel monthly. I currently don't work, and don't have any form on income, hence why I need the maintenance loan.

Does anyone have any advice, or a way that I can obtain the needed information?
I don't think there is a maintenance loan for level 3, just the college fees.
Croyzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Shirohige)
I don't think there is a maintenance loan for level 3, just the college fees.
Is there anything else that I can possibly claim for help with maintenance. As I said some weeks I find it hard to even attend college because of lack of petrol.
bamtutor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are no maintenance grants for Level 3 college courses, so you may have to get a part time job whilst at college. This should give you enough money to get by. Your college MAY have some sort of local funding for learners in need, but this won't be a lot. Rather than do a Level 3 course, why don't you ask the college if there are any Level 3 apprenticeships available. That way you will learn and gain a certificate (and valuable work experience) and earn money at the same time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (160)
38.55%
Take autumn exams (126)
30.36%
Look for a job (15)
3.61%
Consider an apprenticeship (18)
4.34%
Take a year out (70)
16.87%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
6.27%

Watched Threads