Sugar daddy and steam cards? Give me info am I being scammed?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
xbws
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Recently met this guy and is apparently a sugar daddy and wants me to be his sugar baby! I’ve heard about this but I’ve never actually thought about doing it myself or thought about it in depth.
The guy said that if I buy a steam card worth £50 and then send him the activation code he will then start sending me money weekly (I have to send a code each time I get paid) and all we have to do is just talk..
am I being scammed? I actually think I wanna try it and see what it’s about but then I don’t wanna be scammed £50.
I wanna hear about steam cards, sugar daddies and all this?
Should I just block and leave him? I’m intrigued...

Side note- I’m 21 and from the UK, he’s 28 from the US
OptiWeight
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He isn't a sugar daddy if he wants to give you steam cards...its a scam
NonIndigenous
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xbws)
Recently met this guy and is apparently a sugar daddy and wants me to be his sugar baby! I’ve heard about this but I’ve never actually thought about doing it myself or thought about it in depth.
The guy said that if I buy a steam card worth £50 and then send him the activation code he will then start sending me money weekly (I have to send a code each time I get paid) and all we have to do is just talk..
am I being scammed? I actually think I wanna try it and see what it’s about but then I don’t wanna be scammed £50.
I wanna hear about steam cards, sugar daddies and all this?
Should I just block and leave him? I’m intrigued...

Side note- I’m 21 and from the UK, he’s 28 from the US
Am I missing some logic here?

Why the tf can't he just send you £50?

And this is a weird way of doing it. There are specific websites for this sort of stuff. Though it's not my area and I know little about it.
riskku
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He is trying to scam you. The activation code (i think) would give him the money and every time you do it he will get more and more money. If you want an actual sugar daddy they will never ask you to do this and will (i thin) do it via paypal or some other app. If you did go and do it and he wanted a higher price like 30 £20 steam cards (don't know if that exists) the shop your buying from will tell you that your probably being scammed and should not do it.

Hopefully that helps!!!! Also if situations like this occur I would suggest researching about it on Youtube. People explain how not to get scammed and how actually to earn money.
Tayacw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Same thing is happened to me now Is his name Alexander ? Did you do it ?
Strange5050
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tayacw)
It’s a complete scam. Don’t do it.
dannilou1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Strange5050)
It’s a complete scam. Don’t do it.
Absolutely a scam
hungrysalamander
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tayacw)
Thread is 1 year old and gift cards are a common way for scammers to get your money.
Lina1604
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The same thing happened to me.. I bought a 100 dollar steam card and sent him the code but he claimed that the code didn’t work and he wanted me to buy another one before I got my money… he sent me a picture of the receipt from western union and told me he would sent me the MTCN code if I sent him the code of the steam card to gain his trust
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (226)
56.64%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (51)
12.78%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (45)
11.28%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
9.02%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.51%

Watched Threads