I was rejected but the reason does not apply to me.

Watch
throwaway2021
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My application has been rejected by King's College London and the reason given was:
"Unfortunately, your qualifications do not meet a subject requirement which is necessary for entry to this programme therefore we are unable to consider your application any further"

My qualifications do meet their subject requirement though.. Their website says a 2:1 honours degree with physics as the main field of study and I do have a 2:1. It doesn't look like there are any other qualifications that I am missing.

Should I contact them or is it standard to have a generic reason for rejection?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can't hurt to query it
throwaway2021
Rep:
?
I am so sad
throwaway2021
Rep:
?
My application has been rejected by King's College London and the reason given was:
"Unfortunately, your qualifications do not meet a subject requirement which is necessary for entry to this programme therefore we are unable to consider your application any further"

My qualifications do meet their subject requirement though.. Their website says a 2:1 honours degree with physics as the main field of study and I do have a 2:1. It doesn't look like there are any other qualifications that I am missing.

bingbong9214
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe GCSEs or A Levels? Possibly extra curriculars as well?
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by throwaway2021)

They can also look into GCSE's and A-levels and various other Qualifications, it's best to look up on every entry requirement not just the one you've recently obtained.
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Was physics your main field of study in the degree?
throwaway2021
Rep:
?
(Original post by WoodlandSorcerer)
Was physics your main field of study in the degree?
Yes.
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes.
Then I’d suggest ringing them up to make sure they haven’t made a mistake.
throwaway2021
Rep:
?
(Original post by bingbong9214)
Maybe GCSEs or A Levels? Possibly extra curriculars as well?
There isn't anything listed on the webpage about GCSEs or A levels or extracurricular activities. I would also meet the GCSE/A Level requirements.

If a requirement that I didn't meet was clearly listed on their webpage, I wouldn't have spent the £70 to apply.
jackien1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Email admissions and the course director.
2500_2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Some postgraduate courses require you to be at a certain % on your transcript - might that be it? Did you have to include that level of info in your application?
throwaway2021
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2500_2)
Some postgraduate courses require you to be at a certain % on your transcript - might that be it? Did you have to include that level of info in your application?
Maybe, but it doesn't say that anywhere on their online prospectus. It says 2:1 in the relevant field and in some cases a 2:2 is accepted. I have a high 2:1.

Again - if a requirement that I didn't meet was clearly listed on their webpage, I wouldn't have spent the £70 to apply.
throwaway2021
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackien1)
Email admissions and the course director.
Should I give admissions a call or do you think an email would be better?
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Should I give admissions a call or do you think an email would be better?
Are the phone lines open? I would give them a call but some (or most) unis aren't physically open so there's no one physically there to take calls.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago

Contact and seek clarification.

Have you checked any additional requirements such as English?
throwaway2021
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Contact and seek clarification.

Have you checked any additional requirements such as English?
Yes, I studied at a UK university and satisfy the English requirement.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
Yes, I studied at a UK university and satisfy the English requirement.
O dont know. so worth checking. It may be they gave you the wrong generic answer or they made a mistake.
throwaway2021
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackien1)
Are the phone lines open? I would give them a call but some (or most) unis aren't physically open so there's no one physically there to take calls.
You are right. I can't call the admissions team or the department because of coronavirus.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Email them for clarification.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (174)
38.07%
Take autumn exams (143)
31.29%
Look for a job (16)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.6%
Take a year out (76)
16.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.91%

Watched Threads