The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Missed UCL accommodation deadline

Im going to study undergrad in ucl this coming september. However I applied for UCL halls and intercollegiate halls almost a month after the deadline.

1. Especially with the situation with covid and many people not travelling to london to study, is it more likely for me to get a place in halls.

2. Will I miss out on a lot of social events if i dont study in halls. (I'll still join lots of societies and activities)

3. Will the social experience be the same (or at least similar) if I live in private accommodation?

4.Will I meet as many people living in private accommodation as living in ucl/intercollegiate halls?
Original post by gbmlljxvhj
Im going to study undergrad in ucl this coming september. However I applied for UCL halls and intercollegiate halls almost a month after the deadline.

1. Especially with the situation with covid and many people not travelling to london to study, is it more likely for me to get a place in halls.

2. Will I miss out on a lot of social events if i dont study in halls. (I'll still join lots of societies and activities)

3. Will the social experience be the same (or at least similar) if I live in private accommodation?

4.Will I meet as many people living in private accommodation as living in ucl/intercollegiate halls?

Possibly more likely, but as theres always a massive shortage, then dont hold your breath.

You will miss out on a certain social aspect, but you can make some of it up through societies. Halls isnt always social nirvana.

Meet fewer freshers.

Meet people possibly but a lot can be cliqued or less sociable. You just need to strike lucky.

You might get a cancellation or you could also do a student house.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hey there! I just saw your thread and wondered whether you would be interested in this.

My friend is looking for someone to take over her contract at Urbanest St Pancras (N1C 4BN). It is a single ensuite room on the sixth floor of the building; the kitchen is shared with 4 other flatmates but you have your own bathroom, so you'll get to meet new friends while being able to enjoy your privacy! The rent is £309 per week (including all bills), which is a pretty decent price living in zone 1. The contract starts on 09/09/2020 (but there’s a deferral policy right now till 24/10 if uni adopts remote learning for the first term).

There’s a laundry room, gymnasium, study area, private cinema, common area, table tennis table, bicycle storage, etc. in the accommodation.

The accommodation is a 25 min walk to UCL, and only a 10 minutes walk to a number of tube stations, namely Camden Road station, Mornington Crescent Station and Kings Cross St Pancras Station. With Coal Drops Yard being a stone's throw away, there is good accessibility to various shops and restaurants as well!

If you are interested or have any questions, please message me!

Quick Reply

Latest