I think they meant secret service
london_roads
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hannah0505)
whats SS. i looked it up and it said it was some nazi thing
*secret service. Why would I want to do this? Well I'm a very analytical person especially for spotting trends and things and a very observant person. I think it'd be an exciting thing to do and I think it doesn't matter what my principles are as I'd be expected to serve any government etc. But as I said, my political views would probably be a problem. Not because they're extreme or illegal or anythjing, but anyone i guess with a strong opinion is probably going ot be a liability
Last edited by london_roads; 2 weeks ago
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hannah0505)
whats SS. i looked it up and it said it was some nazi thing
it's the Saucy Salmons, an exclusive branch of the Metropolitan police.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
Yes.
Why? I'm curious to see why you say that.
Blueclueless
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by london_roads)
I've always wanted to join the police, though I've changed my mind over the last few years. I'm 18 next year. I'm not sure about uni and I could really do with a stable job. I've also considered becoming a firefighter but not sure as it seems its actually harder to do as they have less funding and can therefore recruit less people. The thing is, I feel that I will be sacrificing my antiracist principles by joining an organisation that isn't exactly stranger to controversey over its treatment of people of colour. I don't just want to be another white officer ruining some black kid's life over something stupid. is there anyone else who has joined the police? i have seen a LOT of racist and nasty people attracted ot the police. Not sure - any serving police officers or black or other officers who can share their experiences?
Unfortunately there is no way to be a good police officer, the good ones -who turn in their fellow cops when they hurt or murder an innocent- get fired demoted or are no longer taken on jobs that might get “messy” (AKA: the cops won’t want you around because you’ll turn them in when they abuse their power)

If you google “the blue wall of silence” you’ll find more facts about this and it’ll probably explain it better
london_roads
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Blueclueless)
Unfortunately there is no way to be a good police officer, the good ones -who turn in their fellow cops when they hurt or murder an innocent- get fired demoted or are no longer taken on jobs that might get “messy” (AKA: the cops won’t want you around because you’ll turn them in when they abuse their power)

If you google “the blue wall of silence” you’ll find more facts about this and it’ll probably explain it better
This seems to be an american thing but I do get where you're coming from.
Blueclueless
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by london_roads)
This seems to be an american thing but I do get where you're coming from.
It’s universal, you don’t hear about it as much from other confides of course but it’s still there no matter where you go.

Good luck with your job search!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by epicnm)
Not every rat had the plague but enough did to kill half of Europe...
are you comparing leftists to rats? i'd be inclined to agree on that analogy.
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
are you comparing leftists to rats? i'd be inclined to agree on that analogy.
No I think you missed the point. The plague is racism which was among the rats-the police officers.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by epicnm)
No I think you missed the point. The plague is racism which was among the rats-the police officers.
nah i think leftists are the most rat-like of humans
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
nah i think leftists are the most rat-like of humans
Anything to build on that (very much incorrect) opinion?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (38)
23.75%
Better than expected (36)
22.5%
Worse than expected (86)
53.75%

Watched Threads