The Student Room Group

Crashing highers

Scroll to see replies

Health and Food technology is an okay subject to crash especially if you take biology and chemistry.
Its mainly about nutrition, food processing , safety regulations for food. Found the exam is okay, its more essay like questions. Maybe you can look at pass papers.

There is a project element aswell that ways 50% of the finale grade. I thought this project was really beneficial as it was quite independent learning so good skills for uni and college. Compared to other subjects projects this one took the longest but i think i put the most effort into it. There was a lot of analysis such as consumer needs, nutritional information and pricing that i had to take account of!
Reply 21
Original post by Larissa14
Health and Food technology is an okay subject to crash especially if you take biology and chemistry.
Its mainly about nutrition, food processing , safety regulations for food. Found the exam is okay, its more essay like questions. Maybe you can look at pass papers.

There is a project element aswell that ways 50% of the finale grade. I thought this project was really beneficial as it was quite independent learning so good skills for uni and college. Compared to other subjects projects this one took the longest but i think i put the most effort into it. There was a lot of analysis such as consumer needs, nutritional information and pricing that i had to take account of!

I was planning on taking it and actually had it as my 2nd choice but there's a limited no. of spaces for the course and they give priority to the ones who have done nat 5 over the ones crashing it. If there's space left then they'll pick random people or so I was told.
Original post by Judy Biju
I was planning on taking it and actually had it as my 2nd choice but there's a limited no. of spaces for the course and they give priority to the ones who have done nat 5 over the ones crashing it. If there's space left then they'll pick random people or so I was told.

I would say its a good choice to take, a mixture of practical skills but academic. Unis still see it as a proper subject. Wow, it must be a popular subject, no one took it t my school at all
Original post by Quick-use
Although content-wise Higher Admin may appear simple, the exam can be really tricky apparently. When I was at school, a lot of people who got As or Bs in their other Highers, were straight up getting No Awards or scraping Ds for Admin. What's more, on a nation-wide scale, the grade distribution for Higher Admin is pretty poor too. Not sure if it's because so many people take it because they assume it's easy, or if it's actually deceptively difficult.
It sure is a strange one. :confused:

hi there i just did my admin assignment today and it was BAD. Do you think the grade boundaries would lower or do majority of people get poor grades. Id say i got like a 30-40% out of the 58% and id prolly get a decent percentage for my theory im not sure tho. would the garde boundaries lower do u think like is that a pattern. hopefully that makes sense thanks
Original post by Judy Biju
Heyy, am currently in fourth year going into fifth year. The subjects i have chosen for my 5th year are English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry. I am thinking of crashing a higher as i don't have any other option. What highers would you say are relatively easy to crash and to get an A in? Higher options i have in the remaining 5th column are Admin & it, Computing science, Design & Manufacture, Drama, Health & food technology, History, Italian, Photography and Physics.

Higher History I would recommend crashing as it will probably be all new content and new structures 🙂 and I deffo would NOT crash physics or a language e.g Italien.

Quick Reply

Latest