How are you picking up your results?

Watch
Poll: How will you be receiving your results?
Going into school to pick them up (212)
33.7%
Receiving them online / by email (316)
50.24%
I still don't know (101)
16.06%
Megsync
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We're getting them online and my college have said that they'll have people available to email if support is needed although I don't think it will work very well, so fingers crossed I don't have to talk to them. I really wish I could go in to get them and see my friends one last proper time
gabostrk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've picked them up at school. However, safety was really valued.
cloud_9_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Email and when I first heard that it will be online I was annoyed but now I dont really care much. I'm trying not to he nervous about results day cos I cant control anything that happens by worrying about it
fattyguen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
we are picking them up since we have to enrol to the 6th form on the same day
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
in person. but I'd rather email as I wouldn't like to speak to any of the people at school or have them see me open my results. I don't think there's any support they can give/I need.
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 month ago
cherryxberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
By email but I would’ve preferred doing it in person :/
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
in person. but I'd rather email as I wouldn't like to speak to any of the people at school or have them see me open my results. I don't think there's any support they can give/I need.
(Original post by cherryxberry)
By email but I would’ve preferred doing it in person :/
Is there anything specifically we can do here to help on the day? Good luck both of you!!!
dasda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Picking it up at school. Prefer email because it is less hassle.
ashestostardust
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah, i've gotta go to school to pick mine up. we've all been given time slots based on the stage of our UCAS applications and surnames so im hoping it wont be too busy. but i won't lie, I'm far more nervous about going into a packed school than receiving my results. i don't trust any of my year not to have corona.
TsRtSr1001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashestostardust)
yeah, i've gotta go to school to pick mine up. we've all been given time slots based on the stage of our UCAS applications and surnames so im hoping it wont be too busy. but i won't lie, I'm far more nervous about going into a packed school than receiving my results. i don't trust any of my year not to have corona.
Yeah I’m fully expecting to not like my results. I’m aiming for A’s and A*’s, so the most likely to be downgraded, and it’s a small school with others aiming for the same grades and so I’m certain I’m gonna be ranked lower than them due to reasons so even though I’m sure in my exams I can get A*A*A/B I’ll probably get ABB
RyanC_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm getting mine via email, however I would've preferred it to be in person

There is the benefit of it being online that everyone gets them at 8am, with social distancing in school it could've meant that I got my results at 9am and my friend wouldn't get hers until 11am for example which would be a bit unfair. (due to surnames)
Bethanybarratt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Hi guys, :wavey:

I haven't seen too much conversation on site. I was wondering how the majority of you will be getting your results over the next few weeks. Will you be going into the school to pick them up or are schools now moving to online results? Which one would you prefer?

How is results day making you guys feel as well, obviously it's a nervous time for everyone but are you worried about not having the school support if things don't go the way you've planned or are you happy if you don't have to receive your results in front of others?

Just a reminder for everyone that maybe does have to get their results virtually that support and guidance is always available on The Student Room and if we can help on your big day then please come visit us and ask!

Hope people aren't too nervous :eek3:
going into school! i have a relatively small year group so thats why, you can give a parent/friend a signed letter saying that they can collect them for you if you cant go. also picking up my year book- had to be recalled and reprinted due to inappropriate content
DeItaReality
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Picking up in school so I can see the teachers and my friends.
Iap2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on whether my friends will be going or not so I don't look like a loner going, but definitely will not open them up there... rather cry in my room alone - though I am unsure since I go to really big school
TsRtSr1001
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Iap2)
Depends on whether my friends will be going or not so I don't look like a loner going, but definitely will not open them up there... rather cry in my room alone - though I am unsure since I go to really big school
I don’t want to open mine there either, I didn’t at GCSE, but I do want to ask what my CAGs were so idk what to do XD
Yas031119
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
by email, but going to my chosen 6th form to enrol
Gilmore Girl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Megsync)
We're getting them online and my college have said that they'll have people available to email if support is needed although I don't think it will work very well, so fingers crossed I don't have to talk to them. I really wish I could go in to get them and see my friends one last proper time
Is anyone planning their own socially distanced get togethers on the day once they know what they've got?
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im going in
inoubliable
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We were given the option to receive them through email, and I know some have opted for that. But I'm going in so I can thank teachers (or cry so they can help me idk), meet friends, return books etc.
Volkerbund1933
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Email, bc they told we can't come in

some nearby schools are allowing only 25% of all students at one time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads