UK Visa centre closures but need a student visa for September

Watch
EnglishMuon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My girlfriend from the US is studying in the UK this September as a graduate and needs a tier 4 student visa to do so. To do this she needs to visit a UK visa centre in person, however where she lives the local ones have all closed due to COVID-19; the only remaining ones are far away in the country which makes it extremely inconvenient to go to, as needs to travel and also they need to remain open. She cannot apply in the UK centres according to the .gov website.

Is anyone out there in a similar situation?
What can be done about this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Grad174829
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by EnglishMuon)
My girlfriend from the US is studying in the UK this September as a graduate and needs a tier 4 student visa to do so. To do this she needs to visit a UK visa centre in person, however where she lives the local ones have all closed due to COVID-19; the only remaining ones are far away in the country which makes it extremely inconvenient to go to, as needs to travel and also they need to remain open. She cannot apply in the UK centres according to the .gov website.

Is anyone out there in a similar situation?
What can be done about this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Hey! I’m having the same issue. I contacted Cambridge and they said I just need to wait for them to open up appointments but I’m so stressed. From the looks of it, they are open but there are no available appointments. I’ve checked all centers in 6-7 different states. Which ones did you find that had appointments?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.28%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.98%
Look for a job (18)
3.42%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.07%

Watched Threads