The Student Room Group
your college will go through it when you need to start your application and when their internal deadline will be
Bruh I’m 2021 and haven’t even applied, you’re all good.
Reply 3
UCAS Apply will open from around June 2021, after this date you'll be able to fill in your application. From September 2021 you will be able to send your application off to the universities. The deadline to be guaranteed equal consideration for all non-clinical and non-Oxbridge courses will be January 2022.
Reply 4
Original post by Sinnoh
UCAS Apply will open from around June 2021, after this date you'll be able to fill in your application. From September 2021 you will be able to send your application off to the universities. The deadline to be guaranteed equal consideration for all non-clinical and non-Oxbridge courses will be January 2022.

I'm still a little confused, our college has told us to start filling in info in the ucas website and I've just finished year 1 right now going into year 2 in 2021. would the deadline be around April in 2021? and will I be starting uni in sept 2021?
Reply 5
Original post by Mia 15
I'm still a little confused, our college has told us to start filling in info in the ucas website and I've just finished year 1 right now going into year 2 in 2021. would the deadline be around April in 2021? and will I be starting uni in sept 2021?

If you're planning on starting uni in 2021, then yes you need to start doing your UCAS application. Your 6th form is probably assuming that you intend to go to uni for 2021 entry.
if you plan on starting uni for 2022 entry, then you don't need to do it yet.
Another option is that you can apply this year, but with a deferred application so that you still start uni in 2022. This way you don't have to apply in your gap year.
Reply 6
Original post by Sinnoh
If you're planning on starting uni in 2021, then yes you need to start doing your UCAS application. Your 6th form is probably assuming that you intend to go to uni for 2021 entry
Another option is that you can apply this year, but with a deferred application so that you still start uni in 2022. This way you don't have to apply in your gap year.

ohh okay thank you!
Hi, so I'm currently studying online Level 3 courses, A level equivalent. I'm taking a gap yr in Sept, so ideally want to apply to Uni in 2022 before i go on my gap Yr. So just to clarify does anyone know when the earliest I can apply for 2022 submission is??

Thanks.
Reply 8
Original post by Sinnoh
If you're planning on starting uni in 2021, then yes you need to start doing your UCAS application. Your 6th form is probably assuming that you intend to go to uni for 2021 entry.

Is it possible to apply for a different Uni during the gap year even if I have gotten an offer for a Uni in 2022? I didn’t think I would be able to get far with application and applied for a very basic Uni. I got a place and have later realized that I can actually get into better Uni’s. I want to apply for a better Uni next year and keep my first one as a Insurance Uni. I’m a international student btw.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Is it possible to apply again for a new university during the gap year even if I already have gotten an offer for 2022? I applied for a Uni for 2022, because I thought I wouldn’t make it on a better Uni. I got an offer for the (let’s call it the bad uni) and want to try if I can get into a better Uni next year instead. I’m an international student btw. I want to keep the “bad” uni as an insurance. Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by sagostwa
Is it possible to apply for a different Uni during the gap year even if I have gotten an offer for a Uni in 2022? I didn’t think I would be able to get far with application and applied for a very basic Uni. I got a place and have later realized that I can actually get into better Uni’s. I want to apply for a better Uni next year and keep my first one as a Insurance Uni. I’m a international student btw.

If you're holding a deferred offer for 2022 you can't apply for other unis.

In future start a separate thread rather than bumping an old one.

Latest