Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...-gang-18228146

Spoiler:
Show

Qari Abdul Rauf, Abdul Aziz and Adil Khan were convicted of serious sex offences against vulnerable victims

Three members of the Rochdale grooming gang are “back” in the area just two years after losing their rights to stay in Britain.
A decade after preying on girls as young as 12, and after serving prison sentences, Qari Abdul Rauf, Abdul Aziz and Adil Khan are all back living in the town - the MEN reports.
They were among nine men convicted in 2012 of a catalogue of serious sex offences against vulnerable victims in Rochdale and Heywood.

As the only groomers to have dual UK-Pakistani citizenship, they were at risk of being deported back to Pakistan - but none of them appear to have been deported or are facing deportation.
That is despite the Home Office saying in 2015 it intended to remove their British citizenship and the men losing an appeal against the decision in 2018.

A victim has reported that the abusers are still living in Rochdale today, a year after the MEN reported that victims were still bumping into their attackers.
After spotting pictures on social media showing Rauf, 51, in the town, she said: “I thought Theresa May had organised his deportation, so how come he’s still here?

04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Theresa May had a poor record of fulfilling her promises on domestic policy. For once I'm actually hoping that Priti Patel does something about this. I'm usually very fearful whenever she actually needs to do a thing.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Theresa May had a poor record of fulfilling her promises on domestic policy. For once I'm actually hoping that Priti Patel does something about this. I'm usually very fearful whenever she actually needs to do a thing.
I hope so too, but what's being done about it? Where is the transparency from Priti Patel?

These poor, poor girls...
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
I hope so too, but what's being done about it? Where is the transparency from Priti Patel?

These poor, poor girls...
Transparency is not a word Patel likes to be associated with. Along with competence and arithmetic.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
Transparency is not a word Patel likes to be associated with. Along with competence and arithmetic.
In that case, these girls have been betrayed.

Obviously I have no idea of the legal intricacies, but how have these 3 monsters not been deported?

Apparently they had dual Pakistani-UK citizenship. Their UK citizenship was revoked following 3 appeals, yet they're still here?!
Last edited by Occitanie; 1 week ago
Kitten in boots
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
In that case, these girls have been betrayed.

Obviously I have no idea of the legal intricacies, but how have these 3 monsters not been deported?

Apparently they had dual Pakistani-UK citizenship. Their UK citizenship was revoked following 3 appeals, yet they're still here?!
Why would chronically underfunded government agencies mired in bureaucracy and a court system stripped to its bones due to cuts and a failed reorganisation struggle to deport criminals?

Tough one that.
Susan Edelman
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As a society we have failed to protect vulnerable children, and now we fail to put right what could easily be fixed.
Are we going to start to learn from our mistake and set about putting that knowledge into positive actions ?
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I guess a problem deliberately ignored by the successive governments, police and judiciary for 45 years isn't going to go away overnight.
They need their feet held to the fire.
Perhaps that's why they have refused to print the results of the report on street grooming gangs.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 1 week ago
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No riots or celebrity virtue signalling with this one though...

These people should have been deported a long time ago.
Just my opinion
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Certainly nobody taking a knee
Apparently white working class girls lives don't matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (40)
41.24%
Take autumn exams (35)
36.08%
Look for a job (2)
2.06%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
3.09%
Take a year out (12)
12.37%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
5.15%

Watched Threads