Revising for GCSE Exams in November

Watch
HanShotFirst01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Should I start revising for GCSE? I've heard that they will be happening mid November and from how we'll be getting our grades, I'm probably going to end up wanting to take them
Humairazaman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by HanShotFirst01)
Should I start revising for GCSE? I've heard that they will be happening mid November and from how we'll be getting our grades, I'm probably going to end up wanting to take them
yup, i am
TravelElephant06
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m going into Year 12 now, but I WOUKD start revising very little in November. Honestly it seemed on your grades now and what you wnat to get in August. But don’t overload yourself now because you’ll just stress yourself out. November mocks will be coming up so revise for them. And it’ll give you an idea of what you’ll get in August. But I would properly start revising around January? Little but often
HanShotFirst01
Rep:
?
(Original post by TravelElephant06)
I’m going into Year 12 now, but I WOUKD start revising very little in November. Honestly it seemed on your grades now and what you wnat to get in August. But don’t overload yourself now because you’ll just stress yourself out. November mocks will be coming up so revise for them. And it’ll give you an idea of what you’ll get in August. But I would properly start revising around January? Little but often
I'm talking about sitting my GCSE's in November as many people are being under graded and teacher predictions have little or no say now.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Start revising then. If you want to take them, then totally go for it.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
many people are being under graded
This year's results will be better on average than last year's so don't panic yet. Only re-sit what you feel you absolutely have to and don't bother re-sitting a GCSE if you're taking the A level, it would be a total waste of time and the school's money.
HanShotFirst01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
This year's results will be better on average than last year's so don't panic yet. Only re-sit what you feel you absolutely have to and don't bother re-sitting a GCSE if you're taking the A level, it would be a total waste of time and the school's money.
I've been told they're going to be lower than expected though by everyone until now. I guess the best thing to do would be wait until August 20th and decide what to do.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been told they're going to be lower than expected though by everyone until now. I guess the best thing to do would be wait until August 20th and decide what to do.
The grades schools have submitted are significantly better than schools usually achieve and so these are being moderated down to more realistic grades. However, Ofqual have announced that overall the GCSE grades will be 1% better than last year's results.
HanShotFirst01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Compost)
The grades schools have submitted are significantly better than schools usually achieve and so these are being moderated down to more realistic grades. However, Ofqual have announced that overall the GCSE grades will be 1% better than last year's results.
I guess the best thing I can do right now is wait until results day.
TravelElephant06
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm talking about sitting my GCSE's in November as many people are being under graded and teacher predictions have little or no say now.
ohh right sorry ahaha. Im not sure then sorry :/
HanShotFirst01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by TravelElephant06)
ohh right sorry ahaha. Im not sure then sorry :/
It's alright lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (131)
37.32%
Take autumn exams (108)
30.77%
Look for a job (11)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (13)
3.7%
Take a year out (66)
18.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
6.27%

Watched Threads