aiqi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Are chemistry GCSEs hard and what are they mostly about more about equations and working things out or remembering and facts and definitions?
glowing_starfish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think it depends on the exam board you take on. I would suggest you find out ur exam board and then search up past papers and their mark schemes
aiqi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by glowing_starfish)
I think it depends on the exam board you take on. I would suggest you find out ur exam board and then search up past papers and their mark schemes
Thank you!!!!
glowing_starfish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aiqi)
Thank you!!!!
Np 😄 ngl I wish someone told me this stuff before I did mine but oh well
neko no basu
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aiqi)
Are chemistry GCSEs hard and what are they mostly about more about equations and working things out or remembering and facts and definitions?
a bit of both really, it's more about application of knowledge rather than regurgitating facts word by word but that's with every subject really, not just chemistry
aiqi
Rep:
?
(Original post by neko no basu)
a bit of both really, it's more about application of knowledge rather than regurgitating facts word by word but that's with every subject really, not just chemistry
thanks a lot , that really helps !!
MusicalMe101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aiqi)
I would say that they are a bit of a combination of both, though less facts and definitions. On the exam they'll be testing your knowledge and how you use it to answer particular questions. You will also be asked to work some things out and you will need to know how to do these particular questions (quantitive chemistry), though there is also a lot of remembering to do, especially when it comes to practicals. As far as I remember you are not asked about any definitions, but you will need to learn them in order to understand them in the context of a question.

I hope this helps, I'll be happy to answer any other questions
aiqi
Rep:
?
(Original post by musicalme101)
i would say that they are a bit of a combination of both, though less facts and definitions. On the exam they'll be testing your knowledge and how you use it to answer particular questions. You will also be asked to work some things out and you will need to know how to do these particular questions (quantitive chemistry), though there is also a lot of remembering to do, especially when it comes to practicals. As far as i remember you are not asked about any definitions, but you will need to learn them in order to understand them in the context of a question.

I hope this helps, i'll be happy to answer any other questions
thanks so much that helps a lot !!!!!!!
MusicalMe101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by aiqi)
thanks so much that helps a lot !!!!!!!
No problem, I'm starting A level chemistry in September so if there is anything else I can help you with feel free to send me a private message at any time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (8)
18.18%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (12)
27.27%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (24)
54.55%

Watched Threads