How do I keep a positive mindset no matter what life throws at me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How do I not dwell on positivity and be productive as I have Anxiety and I spend most of my days feeling low?
Supernova3200
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The thing is you cannot be productive if you don't have a positive attitude. First, get rid of negative thoughts. Find out what's making you feel anxious. Write down what's triggering you to feel less productive, anxiety or depression. Now think what can make you get rid of them. You could practise mindfulness in your daily life. Or you can do some exercises which can help you relieve. Even a 20-minute walk or jog is more than enough. More importantly do not dwell in your past as it will make you suffer more and do not foresee the future. That's what mindfulness is all abbout. It helps you live in the present moment and reduces the level of anxiety. There are lots of ways you can deal with this negative symptons across the internet and solutions which can make you productive as well are vacant. Try to make most of your time enjoying your life and and also work hard if you want to be productive.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Supernova3200)
The thing is you cannot be productive if you don't have a positive attitude. First, get rid of negative thoughts. Find out what's making you feel anxious. Write down what's triggering you to feel less productive, anxiety or depression. Now think what can make you get rid of them. You could practise mindfulness in your daily life. Or you can do some exercises which can help you relieve. Even a 20-minute walk or jog is more than enough. More importantly do not dwell in your past as it will make you suffer more and do not foresee the future. That's what mindfulness is all abbout. It helps you live in the present moment and reduces the level of anxiety. There are lots of ways you can deal with this negative symptons across the internet and solutions which can make you productive as well are vacant. Try to make most of your time enjoying your life and and also work hard if you want to be productive.
Thank you so much for the in depth advice! Very helpful
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you seeking help for your anxiety?

There are a variety of self-help things you can do, obviously they won't solve the issue necessarily (depending on what your anxiety is about/where it stems from/how severe it is), but adding all these small things together can make big changes. Basic self-care is important, sleeping enough, eating enough healthy foods, drinking enough water, exercising moderate amounts, making time in the day to be by yourself to meditate (this can be done in a variety of different ways), limiting your use of caffeine, making sure you aren't consuming content that is toxic to you, journalling, being kind and patient with yourself.

Catching yourself when you feel yourself going into a negative thought spiral and stepping back and looking at things objectively. Perspective is key in most things. Most of the time, anxiety is unhelpful when it's intruding in your daily life. You will likely forget/not care about the things you're worrying about next week or next year. If it's something you likely will remember then it's worth trying to figure out what (if anything) you can do about it, if you can't do anything then try and let go of it (easier said than done). If it's something you have to do now but you can't do it due to anxiety, try not to let your anxiety spiral and jump into it, I often try to do this when I have to do something I'm anxious about (granted, doesn't always work, but that's not the point). Just dive in. Most of the time our brains are just making things out to be worse than they actually are. Challenge yourself when you feel able to.

Apologies if this doesn't make much sense, I am sleep deprived. I hope it helps some what. Stay safe and good luck. If you've got questions, let me know, I'll try and help.
Second_Beauty
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I need advice too. Especially dealing with anxiety when it feels like I don’t have the time to
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Are you seeking help for your anxiety?

There are a variety of self-help things you can do, obviously they won't solve the issue necessarily (depending on what your anxiety is about/where it stems from/how severe it is), but adding all these small things together can make big changes. Basic self-care is important, sleeping enough, eating enough healthy foods, drinking enough water, exercising moderate amounts, making time in the day to be by yourself to meditate (this can be done in a variety of different ways), limiting your use of caffeine, making sure you aren't consuming content that is toxic to you, journalling, being kind and patient with yourself.

Catching yourself when you feel yourself going into a negative thought spiral and stepping back and looking at things objectively. Perspective is key in most things. Most of the time, anxiety is unhelpful when it's intruding in your daily life. You will likely forget/not care about the things you're worrying about next week or next year. If it's something you likely will remember then it's worth trying to figure out what (if anything) you can do about it, if you can't do anything then try and let go of it (easier said than done). If it's something you have to do now but you can't do it due to anxiety, try not to let your anxiety spiral and jump into it, I often try to do this when I have to do something I'm anxious about (granted, doesn't always work, but that's not the point). Just dive in. Most of the time our brains are just making things out to be worse than they actually are. Challenge yourself when you feel able to.

Apologies if this doesn't make much sense, I am sleep deprived. I hope it helps some what. Stay safe and good luck. If you've got questions, let me know, I'll try and help.
It does make sense and is very helpful! Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (154)
38.4%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.67%
Look for a job (14)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.24%
Take a year out (68)
16.96%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed