LeeFromHK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I know there are threads comparing the same but this time I would like to differentiate how local UK vs international students rate. Could you simply rate them based on the ranking your perceived in terms of academics, and let us know whether you are local or international students? Thanks,
Last edited by LeeFromHK; 1 week ago
Lucerobris
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bristol > Leeds > Bath
LeeFromHK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucerobris)
Bristol > Leeds > Bath
Lucerobris
May I know if you are a local UK or international student? While I think I understand why you rank Bristol ahead of Leeds, I really dont understand why so many people rank Bath so low when its ranking locally by say Guardian is so high?
Lucerobris
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am an international student but have been in Bristol for 10 years now. Bath is literally 11 minutes by train from Bristol temple meads to Bath. 80% of people from bath come to bristol for activities + bigger nights out etc. People from bristol that go to bath is usually a half a day trip just to see some touristy places or have a chilled afternoon tea or something. Bath is BEAUTIFUL. But is is BORING. you can see pretty much everything from morning to afternoon in one day. I know many students from bath uni and bath spa that say the same thing
LeeFromHK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucerobris)
I am an international student but have been in Bristol for 10 years now. Bath is literally 11 minutes by train from Bristol temple meads to Bath. 80% of people from bath come to bristol for activities + bigger nights out etc. People from bristol that go to bath is usually a half a day trip just to see some touristy places or have a chilled afternoon tea or something. Bath is BEAUTIFUL. But is is BORING. you can see pretty much everything from morning to afternoon in one day. I know many students from bath uni and bath spa that say the same thing
Got it. Thanks. What about the general perception in terms of academics only? Same ranking?
Lucerobris
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bristol uni is a Russel group uni, Bath uni is not. But in many subjects, Bath seems to overtake bristol, like mechanical engineering. Last time I checked, Bristol uni is top 10 in the UK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (110)
39.01%
Take autumn exams (90)
31.91%
Look for a job (8)
2.84%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.19%
Take a year out (47)
16.67%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
6.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise