What have you got to be good at to do well in A level economics? Watch

Tallon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does it require more reading and writing and essay/grammar type stuff than maths? Or logical thinking or what? Look in my sig for my GCSE stuff. Is there any good revision sites for it?

thanks a lot. Also can you please quote me if you reply to me. thanks.
v1oXx-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You'll be fine.

It's a lot of logic, essay writing, drawing and analysing graphs. There is hardly any maths involved; though at degree level there is. From your grades I can say you are well prepared; you have A's in English and an A* in History; as I said before, you'll be fine.
Tallon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by v1oXx-)
You'll be fine.

It's a lot of logic, essay writing, drawing and analysing graphs. There is hardly any maths involved; though at degree level there is. From your grades I can say you are well prepared; you have A's in English and an A* in History; as I said before, you'll be fine.
maybe. But thing is I hate writing and reading subjects lmao. I was shocked to get above a C in English and i'm not joking. I suppose economics is a bit of everything then? it's got English in it but it's logical essay writing with facts instead of... creative or w/e English would be, right? (like classical civlilization???)
02mik_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tallon)
Does it require more reading and writing and essay/grammar type stuff than maths? Or logical thinking or what? Look in my sig for my GCSE stuff. Is there any good revision sites for it?

thanks a lot. Also can you please quote me if you reply to me. thanks.
Yeah it does require essay writing, but this depends on the board you are with. For example AQA is just multiple choice and then a DRQ paper, which is where your essay fits in. You also have to think logically, but it's not as hard as it sounds, i personally found it easy at AS, but many people in my class struggled, maybe it was the way they went about things i dunno... There is an economics society on here, so post in there if you want tips
Mr Noname
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would say read the newspaper every other day so you get an idea of what is going on, things such as businesses closing, interest rates changing, basically the boring stuff hehe. You probably won't need to do that to begin with, but later on in the course it would be helpful.

I think those that don't do that well at it don't understand the graphs, this could be where your maths knowledge may help you. They look confusing at first, but what i tried to learn is what makes each graph line move, and i think that helped.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?