The Student Room Group

Can student start EPQ before year 12?

hi all,i am in year11 and am preparing for my EPQ. I want to make an artecraft which is a game and I finished 80% of it already. But I haven't done any production log, presentation, supplementary evidence or written reportIs it allowed to start EPQ before year 12?
Reply 1
There are no age restrictions - I've known someone do one in Year 9 - but the most important part of the EPQ is not the end result but how you get there. How much support have you had on what you're meant to do? - trying to do one without any guidance is almost sure to lead to a bad mark, however good your artefact is.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
There are no age restrictions - I've known someone do one in Year 9 - but the most important part of the EPQ is not the end result but how you get there. How much support have you had on what you're meant to do? - trying to do one without any guidance is almost sure to lead to a bad mark, however good your artefact is.

thanks for the response! I have currently.no support on making my artecraft. Do you think I should tell my teacher.my idea and ask for.his guidance then adjust my artecraft and start a production log and supplementary evidence according to his guidance?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by shalla123
thanks for the response! I have currently.no support on making my artecraft. Do you think I should tell my teacher.my idea and ask for.his guidance then adjust my artecraft and start a production log and supplementary evidence according to his guidance?

Yes, if you want your work over the Summer to be useful, make sure you get advice from someone used to teaching the artefact (note the spelling) EPQ option.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
Yes, if you want your work over the Summer to be useful, make sure you get advice from someone used to teaching the artefact (note the spelling) EPQ option.

thank you so much for your response, it really helped!
Hi :hi: The production log is very important, so I would start making one now (and try and back-date as much as you can remember) :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by laurawatt
Hi :hi: The production log is very important, so I would start making one now (and try and back-date as much as you can remember) :smile:

Thanks a lot for your advice!.I will try now!

Quick Reply

Latest