Accounting & Finance degree versus Economics degree?

Watch
Grace Johnson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
What degree from the two mentioned in the question would be better to study? This by taking into account all aspects say future employability, number of different career paths, possibility of going into journalism, getting exemptions from Chartered Accountancy exams, becoming an entrepreneur, doing further studies and research etc
Lucerobris
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
An economics degree is much more respected. A lot of jobs in finance doesn't even requiere an accounting and finance degree.
Grace Johnson
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucerobris)
An economics degree is much more respected. A lot of jobs in finance doesn't even requiere an accounting and finance degree.
Thank you for your reply. I have a feeling that you are right but I do not understand why because when one dies accounting and finance the course work does include a lot material about micro and macroeconomics...
Lucerobris
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There are many online courses one can do to learn that. For free. Like edX. Also from books. I know people from Bristol university who strongly advice doing economics instead of A&C.
Grace Johnson
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucerobris)
There are many online courses one can do to learn that. For free. Like edX. Also from books. I know people from Bristol university who strongly advice doing economics instead of A&C.
Thank you so much! 😊🤔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (184)
59.35%
No they should not (91)
29.35%
Abstain (35)
11.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed