Andoc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all

I have an interview planned for Secondary biology and was wondering how best to prepare for questions that may be asked to test my subject knowledge. Did you simply go back over the curriculum and refresh yourself on each topic? Or did you have another method? The questions related to teaching itself seem pretty straight forward.

Thank you in advance.
TsRtSr1001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Andoc)
Hi all

I have an interview planned for Secondary biology and was wondering how best to prepare for questions that may be asked to test my subject knowledge. Did you simply go back over the curriculum and refresh yourself on each topic? Or did you have another method? The questions related to teaching itself seem pretty straight forward.

Thank you in advance.
If you have a degree in bio it shouldn’t be hard to answer their questions in the knowledge part. Read the summary of their curriculum so you know what you’ll need to be able to answer.
bluebeetle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Andoc)
Hi all

Thank you in advance.
I did maths, so the experience will obviously be different, but I found that in the actual interview part, they didn't quiz my subject knowledge directly but rather asked a lot of questions like:

"What topics would a student need to be confident in before studying ____?"
"How would you explain how to solve this sort of question to a student who is struggling?" Followed up by, "Can you think of another way you'd explain it?"
"What specific topics are you most looking forward to teaching?"

In terms of preparation, I think if you've got a relevant degree, you should be fine. Otherwise, I would have a flick through some GCSE past papers and suss out what the common topics are and make sure you know about them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise