fifitee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
HEY!
I was wondering if a criminology degree is considered as a 'dumb' degree?
what are you opinions on someone who studies criminology at university?
gabostrk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Depends on the university
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by fifitee)
HEY!
Hi there fifitee!

I wouldn't say that it was a dumb degree at all! There's a large variety of careers which people with a criminology degree go into, I have attached a link HERE but it includes Police officers, Counsellers, Social workers, Solicitior and many others!

Here at Hull we have many different options including: Criminology, Criminology and sociology, Criminology with Forensic Science, Criminology with Law, Criminology with Psychology & Professional Policing- all of which can be found HERE on our website.

If you would like anymore information about the course and a first hand experience from someone studying it, then please feel free to visit our Student Section of the website and click HERE to chat with our Criminology student!

Best of luck,
Millie
Student Rep
angelinahx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by fifitee)
HEY!
1) You should not go to uni based on what someone else thinks about your degree.
2) You should not go to uni if you do not have a clear image in mind of what you want to do with your degree you're whole-heartedly passionate about, especially not in this economic climate.
3) A degree in Criminology from an average university is largely useless - whatever career paths it can lead to, you can work in those industries by simply getting work experience/studying a vocational course or apprenticeship which will a) be a lot quicker and b) provide you with more real-life experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (216)
56.4%
I don't have everything I need (167)
43.6%

Watched Threads