The Student Room Group

Actor-Musician degree through clearing

Hello, I’ve currently got a place at UEA for Drama IF I get the grades in August, but now I’m thinking I’d rather go to University of West London to do the Actor-Musician course. Is there a chance I will have to go to an audition or interview at UWL of which I might not qualify for, or when I get my results and call them about applying will I be offered a place without being seen? I don’t want to give up my place at UEA then not get into UWL. Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so please help me!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by evafrances
Hello, I’ve currently got a place at UEA for Drama IF I get the grades in August, but now I’m thinking I’d rather go to University of West London to do the Actor-Musician course. Is there a chance I will have to go to an audition or interview at UWL of which I might not qualify for, or when I get my results and call them about applying will I be offered a place without being seen? I don’t want to give up my place at UEA then not get into UWL. Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so please help me!

Assuming you'd be applying through Clearing, some universities will not offer you a place, or guarantee you a place, if you already have one. This happened to me when my insurance were slow to release me and the uni I am now graduated from asked me to phone back when I had a Clearing number.

Adjustment is different if you exceed your firm offer grades. This allows you to talk to other unis whilst holding your firm offer place.

Quick Reply