The Student Room Group

How do you know if you have a criminal conviction

When I was 14 someone went into my Snapchat and leaked a nude of me. My dream has always been to work with children maybe even healthcare. I want to volunteer but I'm not sure if I was actually convicted and I have to declare any criminal convictions. I would do a DBS check but my passport expired and both that and my provisional license have been back-tracked due to covid 19. Is there any other way of checking? Does anyone know the process of convictions because surely I would be been made aware of it back then no?
Reply 1
you would know if you had a conviction because you would have been to Youth Court.

you didn't leak a photo of yourself; someone else did. you committed no crime in the scenario above. if you're paranoid tho you will need to get your passport etc and request the dbs check.

btw i moved your thread to Advice on everyday issues :tongue:
Reply 2
You can make a request at acro Criminal records office to see if they have any data on the police national computer. You can also get an enhanced criminal background check if you apply to do a job that involves adults and children.
Original post by Kiki18
When I was 14 someone went into my Snapchat and leaked a nude of me. My dream has always been to work with children maybe even healthcare. I want to volunteer but I'm not sure if I was actually convicted and I have to declare any criminal convictions. I would do a DBS check but my passport expired and both that and my provisional license have been back-tracked due to covid 19. Is there any other way of checking? Does anyone know the process of convictions because surely I would be been made aware of it back then no?

You have nothing to worry about. You would definitely know if you had any conviction against you relating to the leaked photo. As @Joleee said, you would have been to Youth Court if any criminal actions were taken against you, which would have been preceded by at least one interview with a Police Officer. Also, as you were a minor, a 'Responsible Adult', usually one or both of your parents, would have also been informed and been involved with the whole process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending