The Student Room Group

Student finance help

Hi everyone, I'm new to the student room and looking for advice...
I'm trying to sort out my student finance but I can't get through to anyone on phone and the Facebook messages are now coming up as not being able to respond back to them.... I'm lost and don't know where to go..
I sent off my evidence.. My birth certificate was sent first which I got back, then got a letter to say they needed evidence of my name change so I sent my marriage certificate off on the 17th of this month which I haven't received back yet, but I got another letter last week to say they need more evidence before the 13th of August or my application could be cancelled... Help?
Sorry for the long message...
Reply 1
I'm not sure why you can't get through to anyone on the phone, what options are you choosing? Last time I called about a week ago it took about 13 minutes for my call to be answered, you have to be patient.

Plus, I've always found that they answer quicker on twitter vs. facebook, you may want to try on there.

When was the later dated saying they need more evidence? They could have sent it before they received your marriage certificate.
I have tried the numbers on the gov site.. I rang for 10 minutes then it cut off.. I tried again and did the same thing..
I also have tried the Facebook message, I got a reply but now its coming up sender doesn't support reply's so I tried to start a new message.. Each time it comes up with the same thing
Reply 3
Original post by Anyone help?
I have tried the numbers on the gov site.. I rang for 10 minutes then it cut off.. I tried again and did the same thing..
I also have tried the Facebook message, I got a reply but now its coming up sender doesn't support reply's so I tried to start a new message.. Each time it comes up with the same thing

Try calling again, once you hear each option press: 1, listen to the options again and press 2. This should get you through, have your customer reference number ready.
I said that you'd probably get a quicker response on twitter compared to facebook. I wouldn't use Facebook.
Thanks
Reply 5
@SFE Isaac I'll also tag someone from Student Finance, they may be able to help if they notice this post. :smile:
Thank you
Hi everyone, I'm new to the student room and looking for advice...
I'm trying to sort out my student finance but I can't get through to anyone on phone and the Facebook messages are now coming up as not being able to respond back to them.... I'm lost and don't know where to go..
I sent off my evidence.. My birth certificate was sent first which I got back, then got a letter to say they needed evidence of my name change so I sent my marriage certificate off on the 17th of this month which I haven't received back yet, but I got another letter last week to say they need more evidence before the 13th of August or my application could be cancelled... Help?
Sorry for the long message...

Original post by KittyKF
@SFE Isaac I'll also tag someone from Student Finance, they may be able to help if they notice this post. :smile:

Hi, the Facebook Messenger app is broken for some reason. If you message us from the webpage it will work but we close at 5pm today.

You should of only sent a copy of the marriage certificate or uploaded it as we don't need the original, if you did send the original then it will be returned. It currently takes 25 working days to review new evidence and 17 working days to return evidence so I don't expect you to hear anything back until August.

We will need to access your account to see what has happened. If you can try message us again on Facebook or Twitter with your name and CRn then we will review your account tomorrow(you should try message before 5pm if possible), alternatively you can call 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, the Facebook Messenger app is broken for some reason. If you message us from the webpage it will work but we close at 5pm today.

You should of only sent a copy of the marriage certificate or uploaded it as we don't need the original, if you did send the original then it will be returned. It currently takes 25 working days to review new evidence and 17 working days to return evidence so I don't expect you to hear anything back until August.

We will need to access your account to see what has happened. If you can try message us again on Facebook or Twitter with your name and CRn then we will review your account tomorrow(you should try message before 5pm if possible), alternatively you can call 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Isaac

Isaac. Thank you for quick response, I was told I needed to send the original so that is what I have done, thank you for clearing up how long it will take, the letter made me panic because I have sent evidence..
Thank you I will do this tomorrow
Isaac. Thank you for quick response, I was told I needed to send the original so that is what I have done, thank you for clearing up how long it will take, the letter made me panic because I have sent evidence..
Thank you I will do this tomorrow

You're welcome :smile: - our system asks for original but a copy is fine.
Tomorrow our social media channels will be open from 9am and we can review your account.
I hope you have a lovely evening.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
You're welcome :smile: - our system asks for original but a copy is fine.
Tomorrow our social media channels will be open from 9am and we can review your account.
I hope you have a lovely evening.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you so much
You too 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending