will i lose my body shape when losing weight?

Watch
koorgan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
i’m on a weight loss journey, hopefully to lose up to 100lbs over the next couple years, as this would put me in a healthier range. currently i quite like the shape of my body, so far as hip to waist ratio goes. i have large hips with a relatively small waist in comparison, which i know some don’t like, but it’s liberating for my femininity and i don’t want to lose too much hip or not enough waist so that when i do slim down i lose my figure right? so i guess i’m just asking if losing weight through increased cardio, dieting etc will lose my shape?

i would like to lose the shape of my legs too if anyone has any advice on achieving smaller calves and thighs thanks
empeño
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Everyone is different and will lose weight from different places. If you have an hourglass figure then I would assume you'd keep it and you'd be predisposed to have more weight on certain areas (like your hips). The only way to know is for you to lose the weight because as i said, someone else losing the same amount could look entirely different. Best of luck on your journey!
fattyguen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
if your gonna loose weight then its fine im pretty sure your figure will remain hourglass, ur hips bones are structured a certain way so they will stay wide and if u work on ur waist and obliques when losing wait then it'll pronounce your figure even more
koorgan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by empeño)
Everyone is different and will lose weight from different places. If you have an hourglass figure then I would assume you'd keep it and you'd be predisposed to have more weight on certain areas (like your hips). The only way to know is for you to lose the weight because as i said, someone else losing the same amount could look entirely different. Best of luck on your journey!
i never looked at it from this angle tbh! thank you for your reply ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (191)
33.33%
Receiving them online / by email (288)
50.26%
I still don't know (94)
16.4%

Watched Threads