The Student Room Group

2020 October Exams

I have a very stupid question to ask. Say if you decided to do the Alevel exams in October, would you have to take a gap year in order to do that or do you reckon that we could somehow convince the university to allow us to study there and come back to do the exam?
If you don't meet your uni offer and they don't accept whatever grades you have achieved (based on teacher rankings) then I imagine you would have to wait a year, yes. The reason being that even if you sat the exam in October, you wouldn't get results for a while after. It wouldn't make sense to attend uni for a few months only to find out you didn't meet the offer.

If you do get into university, there's very little point doing the resits, as your exact A-level grades don't really matter much once you have a degree.
Original post by bluebeetle
If you don't meet your uni offer and they don't accept whatever grades you have achieved (based on teacher rankings) then I imagine you would have to wait a year, yes. The reason being that even if you sat the exam in October, you wouldn't get results for a while after. It wouldn't make sense to attend uni for a few months only to find out you didn't meet the offer.

If you do get into university, there's very little point doing the resits, as your exact A-level grades don't really matter much once you have a degree.

That's true. Thank youuuuuuuuuuuu!!

Quick Reply

Latest