best way to lose calf fat?

Watch
koorgan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
i’ve always been unhappy with the size of my calves, i’m pretty sure the size aspect is genetic as many women in my family have the same problem, but i know there is more fat than there should be. is cardio (walking, jogging maybe cycling) the best way to quickly get rid of some fat? i’ve read to avoid high resistance weight training as that may build up more muscle and make them just as big, i don’t care about muscle, i just hate them being so large
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The calf is mainly muscle...

SusannaW
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’m the exact opposite my calves are almost non existent 😂. No matter what I do they stay that way. You could probably make them smaller with exercise but if that’s how your body is built they may not change as much as you want them too, especially if you’re already at a healthy weight. Don’t worry I’m sure you look great!! Work those calves!!!
DrivingTestSoon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)

Wait I'm confused I thought the calves were the backs of the lower legs?
koorgan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)

i missed the point in my original post but i’m overweight. so while this is true i have a large fat content on my legs! i know my body and i know it’s fatty tissue rather than good muscle, i appreciate the diagram tho it does help put things into perspective!
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Eat in a calorie deficit and lose weight. You can’t choose where you lose fat from.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (192)
33.28%
Receiving them online / by email (289)
50.09%
I still don't know (96)
16.64%

Watched Threads