Does eating only one big (unhealthy) meal a day make you lose weight

Watch
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Why are you so hell bent on losing weight when you don't need to?
Well i want to
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Please don't do this. You will be depriving your body of vitamins and the things it needs to maintain healthy function. Like you've been told many times, this is all you need to do to lose weight safely:
- Eat 3 balanced, healthy meals a day with minimal snacking. Plenty of fruits and veggies, protein etc.
- Get regular exercise. This could be going for a walk, doing a 20 minute YouTube workout, or even just walking up/down the stairs

If you try these different methods of losing weight fast, you will damage your body, and when you return to eating normally, you will just pack all that weight back on.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hannah0505)
Well i want to
Is something going on for you to make you feel this way?
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by remussjhj01)
Don't listen to them seriously, it IS NOT HEALTHY. It's borderline eating disorder behaviour. If you were throwing the food up it would basically be bulimia.
It basically sounds like the start of a binge-eating disorder and would probably lead to a very strained relationship with food and her body.
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Is something going on for you to make you feel this way?
I just dont want to be overweight
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gtty123)
Are you saying, OP wouldn't lose weight in a deficit?
I'm saying they won't lose weight by trying to 'diet' in the way they describe.
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
It basically sounds like the start of a binge-eating disorder and would probably lead to a very strained relationship with food and her body.
how can i binge eat when i find it hard to even eat nowadays lol
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're not overweight. Eat enough and a variety of different foods, treat yourself occasionally, exercise moderately, and drink enough water. It's not worth making yourself unwell just to lose a bit of weight.
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I'm saying they won't lose weight by trying to 'diet' in the way they describe.
Yes and no. If they're in a deficit (during the one meal) they would in theory lose weight (albeit it's very unhealthy to do this). However, if they were in a caloric surplus, they wouldn't lose weight.
remussjhj01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by YaliaV)
Yup.

how can i binge eat when i find it hard to even eat nowadays lol
If you're struggling to eat mentally, you need to see a GP because that could (again) be the start of an eating disorder. If you're wanting to binge eat in an attempt to combat this (which it sounds like you are), that's still not healthy, physically or mentally. I think you should at least try approaching a mental health service. It really doesn't sound like you have a very healthy attitude towards food and eating.
chloeebrown09
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i water fasted for a week bc i started taking this new medicine n its known for making people gain weight. n i gained about 8 pounds in 2 monthes n i was super upset about it because before i was a healthy weight n just with that 8 pounds i was overweight. i talked to my doctor n he said with my medicine its harder to lose weight, so i water fasted thinking i'd lose about 13 pounds a week. n i didnt lose a single pound. :cry2: apparently the medicine im on doesnt allow you to lose weight. FUN!!! im so mad bc my doctor wont change my medicine bc besides the weight gain its working great for me. i hate it. :sad: but for your question yes you will lose weight but i'd talk to my doctor before trying it because they can make recommendations for you and how to do it safely. but if your not on any meds (like me) you should lose some weight, probably slowly but you will. hope this helps.

xx :lovie:
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
You're not overweight. Eat enough and a variety of different foods, treat yourself occasionally, exercise moderately, and drink enough water. It's not worth making yourself unwell just to lose a bit of weight.
i excercise everyday to the point where i get aches in my leg and arms. i cant go running or walking cos of my relative
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
i water fasted for a week bc i started taking this new medicine n its known for making people gain weight. n i gained about 8 pounds in 2 monthes n i was super upset about it because before i was a healthy weight n just with that 8 pounds i was overweight. i talked to my doctor n he said with my medicine its harder to lose weight, so i water fasted thinking i'd lose about 13 pounds a week. n i didnt lose a single pound. :cry2: apparently the medicine im on doesnt allow you to lose weight. FUN!!! im so mad bc my doctor wont change my medicine bc besides the weight gain its working great for me. i hate it. :sad: but for your question yes you will lose weight but i'd talk to my doctor before trying it because they can make recommendations for you and how to do it safely. but if your not on any meds (like me) you should lose some weight, probably slowly but you will. hope this helps.

xx :lovie:
I hope you get better xx and thanks
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i excercise everyday to the point where i get aches in my leg and arms. i cant go running or walking cos of my relative
Then you're not exercising moderately.

I'm concerned (like others in this thread) that you're in the beginning stages of an eating disorder. Speak to someone about this. Go to your GP.
chloeebrown09
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I hope you get better xx and thanks
thank you as well. are you overweight or just wanna stay fit ?
nzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would strongly advise you stop using TSR to look for advice like this. Your going to get a lot of conflicting information on here from people who aren't professionals, regardless of whether that information is correct or (more likely) not, on top of the fact that, evidently, you're quite young and don't know enough about nutrition yourself to make a well-informed decision on the matter.

If you're seriously interested in taking steps to lose weight and be healthier, you should speak to your GP. The NHS website also has plenty of correct information about diet and nutrition.
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nzy)
I would strongly advise you stop using TSR to look for advice like this. Your going to get a lot of conflicting information on here from people who aren't professionals, regardless of whether that information is correct or (more likely) not, on top of the fact that, evidently, you're quite young and don't know enough about nutrition yourself to make a well-informed decision on the matter.

If you're seriously interested in taking steps to lose weight and be healthier, you should speak to your GP. The NHS website also has plenty of correct information about diet and nutrition.
Out of curiosity, who doesn't have correct information?
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
thank you as well. are you overweight or just wanna stay fit ?
Im 65kg at 5'6. idk tbh. I just want to stay fit
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gtty123)
Yes and no. If they're in a deficit (during the one meal) they would in theory lose weight (albeit it's very unhealthy to do this). However, if they were in a caloric surplus, they wouldn't lose weight.
In this case, No, They will eat more and be in surplus, it's a ultra crap way to diet and they won't have the will power to maintain it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nzy)

heyy. i just wanna say i see why you and everyone on this thread are concerned. but if someone is thinking about or on an eating disorder there not gonna stop just because someone(s) tells them too. i know because i had one, my friends started to notice and asked me about it and told me to stop but i wouldnt. just try and be caring n nice on this thread. thats all she needs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed