Does eating only one big (unhealthy) meal a day make you lose weight

Watch
Hannah0505
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Getting out of an eating disorder isn't easy either, speaking as someone who has had one for 20 ish years. It really is not worth ruining your physical health and mental health over either. You are unhealthily obsessed with this, your behaviours and what you speak about are very concerning. Speak to someone who can guide you, very good first port of call is your GP.
ill try calling my gp if i can
remussjhj01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hannah0505)
It isnt that easy sis
It isnt that easy
You clearly already have an unhealthy relationship with food. Eating 3 meals a day is standard. It should be the easiest thing to do if you've got the money.
You need to go to a GP, ask for a referral to a mental health service, eating disorder specific if possible but definitely mention your issues with food because some eating disorders can kill you and you need to get help early on to reduce the risk and increase your chances of being able to change your behaviours.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ill try calling my gp if i can
I'm glad you will try. Stay safe.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
I should clarify, I'm taking it as a given they would eat 1 huge crap meal...then a variety of other things.
"But as the title says, if you eat only one big meal a day (like a big bowl of pasta or something) and not eat anything else (no snacks, no other food)". Your assumption would be correct, although OP themselves stated they wouldn't eat anything else 😉.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you trying to achieve a specific weight, thigh gap or body shape? :confused:
Or just got fed up of being insulted by nasty people who are accusing you of being 'fat' constantly because they want to make your life miserable and ruin your mental health.

I'm 25 and weigh below 7stone, have since I was 13 years old.
I eat two meals a day, drink lots of water and do plenty of exercise.
Homecook most of my meals, bake and enjoy spicy food.
I eat meat, have takeaways a couple of times a month and make my own vegan chocolates.
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Are you trying to achieve a specific weight, thigh gap or body shape? :confused:
Or just got fed up of being insulted by nasty people who are accusing you of being 'fat' constantly because they want to make your life miserable and ruin your mental health.

I'm 25 and weigh below 7stone, have since I was 13 years old.
I eat two meals a day, drink lots of water and do plenty of exercise.
Homecook most of my meals, bake and enjoy spicy food.
I eat meat, have takeaways a couple of times a month and make my own vegan chocolates.
I want to be a specific weight
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
First off you are a healthy weight according to nhs bmi not that it is the most accurate measure and so you may well not need to lose weight. Secondly I really hope you are ok and seek help if you need it around why you feel like this. I don’t really want to give advice seeing as I have AN but I also know that saying don’t lose weight doesn’t help and so take care.
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You sound young and immature. If you're losing weight for boys then it's pointless, if you're doing it for your own health then go on. Best way to lose weight is to continue eating as frequently as you normally do, but redude the portion sizes - add more fruit and vegetables to your diet and excersise.
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
well 65 kg is 143 pounds. n your 5'6 (lol me too). lemme check. n the 'ideal weight' for a 5'6 female is anywhere from 117-143 pounds. so your right there at 24.9 bmi. 25 bmi n up is considered overweight/obese.
I didn't think this sounded quite right since so I put 5'6 and 65kg into the NHS BMI calculator (having to guess age etc but it doesn't change it much) and got a BMI of 23 which is a decent way into the healthy weight
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I want to be a specific weight
Check if your target weight is considered healthy in relation to your height and age using the online bmi calculator.
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...mi-calculator/

If it is, you'll be able to gradually work towards achieving your target with a combination of daily excise and controlling your calorie intake to ensure that you are calorie deficit.
But if it is not considered healthy, there's is a risk of making yourself very ill or putting your body under intense stress chasing a body appearance that you ultimately don't feel at all happy seeing once you have lost weight.
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Im so sad. No one probably cares but now i feel sick probably shouldnt have eaten this much. im so tired of waking up everyday and still not losing weight
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
You sound young and immature. If you're losing weight for boys then it's pointless, if you're doing it for your own health then go on. Best way to lose weight is to continue eating as frequently as you normally do, but redude the portion sizes - add more fruit and vegetables to your diet and excersise.
im doing it for myself. i just dont want to be fat
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You’re not going to lose weight after one day
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im so sad. No one probably cares but now i feel sick probably shouldnt have eaten this much. im so tired of waking up everyday and still not losing weight
Have you used something like My Fitness Pal before? And I only suggest this if you're not going to get too obsessed with the numbers. It's not just about calories but also about getting the right amount of protein, sugar, carbs, vitamins etc. too. Don't try and 'cut out' any particular food groups e.g. a low carb diet can just end up meaning you get tired and reach for sugary food. Make sure you have a well rounded diet otherwise, as others have said, you could end up with health issues.

There's no quick fix. Any quick loss of weight is unhealthy and likely to mean you put it back on again. Also make sure you stay within the healthy weight range (BMI is an okay tool to use but remember it doesn't distinguish between muscle and fat, so you could be quite muscular but it won't know that). I've been gradually losing weight. I'm 5'8 and weighed 74kg at the start, now just over 64kg - it's taken me over 6 months to do that which is healthy. It's felt like a long slog but that's okay. Don't try and do a fad/crash diet, it won't work in the long run. It's fine to want to lose a bit of weight in the healthy range, but stay within it!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you eat a lot of food in a short space of time you will of course feel sick. Losing weight healthily will take time, you can't rush it.

Take me, for example. I've lost about a stone in a year by eating less, eating better and moving more. A typical day of food for me would be:

- Overnight oats with fruit for breakfast
- Homemade chicken roll, salted popcorn, a banana and a cereal bar for lunch
- Pasta dish, chicken with veg, soup, risotto etc for dinner
- Handful of almonds, an apple, some seeds for a snack between meals if I got hungry
- A few squares of chocolate for a treat in the evening

I combined this with going out for hour long walks 4-5 times a week and gradually I have lost weight. This is healthy and my body hasn't been harmed.

You will seriously damage your physical and mental health if you try to diet or lose weight in these dangerous ways. Please contact your GP for help and advice. They are open and they will see you if they need to
Tomrosenburg121
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There are better ways to lose weight, such as eating healthy and doing regular exercise.
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tomrosenburg121)
There are better ways to lose weight, such as eating healthy and doing regular exercise.
i know
KelsieTaylor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It actually helps in losing weight?? because im scared its going to make me gain weight instead of lose since im eating unhealthy food
It will help you lose weight, but personally, when I only eat unhealthy, I feel really bad and bloated, so even though I love junk food, I do have to eat healthy everyday. I would also not be able to stay hungry for a long period of time, so technically, it works, but depending on the person who is doing it
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
(Original post by KelsieTaylor)
It will help you lose weight, but personally, when I only eat unhealthy, I feel really bad and bloated, so even though I love junk food, I do have to eat healthy everyday. I would also not be able to stay hungry for a long period of time, so technically, it works, but depending on the person who is doing it
Hii! and i can usually go long without eating
KelsieTaylor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hii! and i can usually go long without eating
Well, that will make it easier! But, from your previous posts, I don't think you will feel too good if you continue on this type of diet for a long time. And I think you will loose weight faster if you eat a lot of vitamins and nutrients, rather than just caring about your calorie consumption.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
17.89%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
27.89%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (103)
54.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed