Modules or extra curricular ?

Watch
JackTed12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
For Cardiff uni i liked the way that it was in wales (as i live in England) and it offers the course i want with the opportunity to learn a language for free but compared to Keele the course wasn't as exciting and it was further away from home and was a city uni , whereas Keele has exciting modules but is in the middle of no where type vibe and you have to pay to join a Spanish society and pay to learn the language . I'm stuck on my exciting modules or the chance to improve my language skills
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JackTed12)
For Cardiff uni i liked the way that it was in wales (as i live in England) and it offers the course i want with the opportunity to learn a language for free but compared to Keele the course wasn't as exciting and it was further away from home and was a city uni , whereas Keele has exciting modules but is in the middle of no where type vibe and you have to pay to join a Spanish society and pay to learn the language . I'm stuck on my exciting modules or the chance to improve my language skills
i d go with modules , you d be able to find another way to learn spanish
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Looking at the prices, you'll save more on accommodation at Keele than you'll pay for Spanish lessons there.
Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there!

What course is it that you’re interested in?

I’m currently in my 2nd year studying at Keele but have been here since 2016 due to doing a foundation year and a leave of absence so I have lots of experience with the university and can answer any questions or queries that you may have!
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi JackTed12

Personally I think it's important to enjoy the course you are studying and the modules taught in the course. There could be other ways to learn a language such as online or local classes. Have you checked how much the society costs it may not be too much ? Good luck!

Zaira
JackTed12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador)
Hi there!

What course is it that you’re interested in?

I’m currently in my 2nd year studying at Keele but have been here since 2016 due to doing a foundation year and a leave of absence so I have lots of experience with the university and can answer any questions or queries that you may have.
My keele room would be £160 while Cardiff only £113 and it offers the same facilities

(Original post by Helloworld_95)
Looking at the prices, you'll save more on accommodation at Keele than you'll pay for Spanish lessons there.
Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My keele room would be £160 while Cardiff only £113 and it offers the same facilities
Hi there!

I can see the difference in the two prices there! However, I can reassure you that the Keele accommodation is worth the money! I had a lovely time and experience in Lindsay Court when I lived on campus. My bedroom and bathroom was much larger than i’ve physically seen any other university offer which was the decider for me!

If you have any questions at all then please let me know. I can always find out more information or point you in the right direction!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.79%
Confident (14)
9.59%
Indifferent (15)
10.27%
Unsure (33)
22.6%
Worried (77)
52.74%

Watched Threads