Dumbbell sets/reps/weights

Watch
tetris179
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi,
I don't know how to organise the number of sets, reps and the weight of the dumbbells in my home workouts.
For progressive overload, how should I increase them and how often? When should I stop simply increasing them and do something different?
For example, in my bicep curls, I can do 3x9 5kg at the moment (17 years, 6 foot, 66kg). Where do I go from here?
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by tetris179)
Hi,
I don't know how to organise the number of sets, reps and the weight of the dumbbells in my home workouts.
For progressive overload, how should I increase them and how often? When should I stop simply increasing them and do something different?
For example, in my bicep curls, I can do 3x9 5kg at the moment (17 years, 6 foot, 66kg). Where do I go from here?
Well it really depends what you want to achieve.
Id look to incorporate more exercises such as

Lateral raises (thumbs forward, in & out)
Front raises
Crossover lat-lifts
Shoulder press
chest press
Tricep lifts (dumbbell behind head, lift over the top)
dumbell snatch

You could do cross body combine exercises for example:
do a set of squats then without rest do chest press (this activates different muscle groups and pushes the body as you'll need to send blood to both groups simultaneously).

It really depends what you want to achieve. But if your 6 ft im imaging you can end up lifting quite a lot more then 5kg 3x9. I think you can also work on pushing up the weight. You can push to your limit in reps, then the next set downgrade the mass...
Last edited by mnot; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads