Turn on thread page Beta

major outfit help needed! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Kay, so Im going to a bbq soon with lots of young men . I need some new clothes desperately...Im a pear shape with a tummy (damn summer holidays!) and quite long (but chunky!) legs....My style is sort of rock-chick ish (gosh how cliche) but I prefer anything that makes me feel good above all

Any of your fashion experts willing to help me out and put an outfit together? *bats eyelids*

rep on offer! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    shameful bump :o:

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as it's a BBQ, you don't really need to make a huge effort, chances are it'll start pissing down with rain anyways :p:

But just wear something simple, like jeans (not skinny...) with maybe a spaghetti strap top? Keep it slightly tight up top, and a bit loose on the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    i say opposite to above...not skinny jeans....anything else tho...maybe knee lenght denim shorts...and if you wana cover ur tummy go for quite a loose fitting top...not all of them are floaty or girly if thats not your style...there are alot of simple ones with an elasticated hem and loose fitting round the tummy...but the elastic makes it look more fitted...and just a pair of pumps or something

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree, jeans with a long top i.e that ties under the bust but skims your stomach if you're self conscious :-)

ReputationRep:
    if it's warm, a summer dress (coloured tights if you like), and a cardi? If it's cold, add boots and thick tights. Think it would fit your style, suit the BBQ and hopefully be a winner with the 'lots of young men'. Other than that, jeans and a cotton summery top. Any of the ones which are cut to fit over the chest and then flow over your stomach. Skinnies would work well with this.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...4146&langId=-1
    ^ This kind of cut.
    Failing that, I love this http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...7531&langId=-1
    which would also work.
    And this is the kind of dress I was thinking of
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...2008&langId=-1

Sorry it's all Topshop but it's so user friendly!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, when I said tight up top I meant tight around your chest area but not so much around your stomach if you've got a bit of a tummy :o:

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys :hugs:

If you are worried about your figure I definitely recommend this - Pack of two control-shaping bodysuits.

Here is an outfit I recommend:

This cute harlequin dress which I recommend wearing the black (or white!) leggings with has the lace around the edges, and then if you wear some silver pumps it will complete the look.

Hoped I helped! Quote me if I did!

ReputationRep:

good dark bootlet jeans are great for making big hips look smaller and the floaty blouse thats pulled in around ur boobs should hopefully disguise the summer belly!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.