Is it wrong if I buy my own car?

Watch
Thecrazydoughnut
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I mean a lot of my friends have passed and coming from an Indian culture I know my parents would scream at me and say blah blah also passed but you don’t see her buying a car.

I don’t care about others and how they live their lives however I know I’ll be restricted with this one. I mean I need a car for work and it’s all coming out of my own money....
Advertisement
Raven Firefly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
I mean a lot of my friends have passed and coming from an Indian culture I know my parents would scream at me and say blah blah also passed but you don’t see her buying a car.

I don’t care about others and how they live their lives however I know I’ll be restricted with this one. I mean I need a car for work and it’s all coming out of my own money....
It's definitely not wrong I come from an Indian culture as well. If you get one they will get over it. You should do what you want if you have the money to buy it for yourself you should if you want.
TheDE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Wouldn't your parents complain just as much if they were taxi for the nexr however long?
Advertisement
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

Tesla....

What are we even discussing...

Gainfully employed = buy car, buy home, buy whatever... Drugs... Who cares.

Unless they helped you study at night. They get no say.... Guess who did that all by themselves
161BMW
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No.
Advertisement
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

I'm not from an Indian culture, so maybe I'm missing something, but if you afford to pay for the car (and insurance, maintenance etc.) out of your own pocket, and you'll use it for a good purpose, I can't see why they would object to it. :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (34)
18.09%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (53)
28.19%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (101)
53.72%

Watched Threads