The Student Room Group

Who's taking the A-level Autumn Exams? :(

How far are you into completing your revision?
When did you start SERIOUSLY studying with no procrastination?
Do you think you'll achieve the grades you want this Autumn?

:frown: I'm really worried because I feel like I won't finish revising for it so I'm asking if someone is in the same position as me anxiety-wise

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not taking them but I wish you good luck :thumbsup:

I'm sure you're not the only one feeling that way. If you need to take a break to de-stress that'll be more efficient than doing mindless revision with your anxiety levels high. I think you may find some useful tricks searching up last minute revision on goggle or youtube. My universal advice for everyone is, NO PHONES, none, non, nei, nada, zilch.

:party:
Reply 2
Original post by Broque_
I'm not taking them but I wish you good luck :thumbsup:

I'm sure you're not the only one feeling that way. If you need to take a break to de-stress that'll be more efficient than doing mindless revision with your anxiety levels high. I think you may find some useful tricks searching up last minute revision on goggle or youtube. My universal advice for everyone is, NO PHONES, none, non, nei, nada, zilch.

:party:

Pfft thank you <3 I'm using listening to brown noise rn bc it helps me concentrate better :biggrin: but I want to ask an off-topic question... when you did your A-levels did you manage to thoroughly revise ALL of the topics? Or did you leave one or two because you ran out of time? Or did you not take A-levels?
Reply 3
Original post by Voxxia
Pfft thank you <3 I'm using listening to brown noise rn bc it helps me concentrate better :biggrin: but I want to ask an off-topic question... when you did your A-levels did you manage to thoroughly revise ALL of the topics? Or did you leave one or two because you ran out of time? Or did you not take A-levels?

Hehe, I haven't taken A levels yet :tongue:

It all depends on your time. You need to prioritise what topics you have forgotten and you are weak on. There is no point in dedicating the same amount of time to topics you are confident in. If you need to sacrifice some topics to get through all your weak ones then that's better than missing out on some important ones that could well have a big chunk of the paper. :woo:
Im trying to start studying now, but getting nowhere due to a mushy brain and procrastination. TSR doesn't help.

I was a nuisance in class and hated my teachers and I knew they hated me too. Too bad its going to bite me in the arse so I gotta get my head down if I want to get into dentistry :c
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by AlwaysBroke.
Im trying to start studying now, but getting nowhere due to a mushy brina nd procrastination. TSR doesn't help.

I was a nuisance in class and hated my teachers and I knew they hated me too. Too bad its going to bite me in the arse so I gotta get my head down if I want to get into dentistry :c

:biggrin: Pfft good luck! I heard Dentistry is competitive and you need REALLY good grades likewise to Medicine. I suggest using the fear of failing to attain grades for Dentistry as motivation :wink: (Btw when you started studying, do you feel as if you've forgotten most of the content?)
I feel like I've forgotten everything and I have a 3 a offer for med. So I feel you anxiety levels through the roof. Since it is summer are you planning on revising for most days every day or going out too?
Reply 7
I’m going to see how results day is and if I don’t get the grades I want then I’ll be taking the autumn exams. So I’m going to start revising from the 13th lol. Good luck tho!!
Reply 8
Original post by Greens.loco
I feel like I've forgotten everything and I have a 3 a offer for med. So I feel you anxiety levels through the roof. Since it is summer are you planning on revising for most days every day or going out too?

Honestly, I feel like I've forgotten everything too
and nAHHHH OMG :cry2: I NEED TO GET THAT A*AA SO I'M DEFO STAYING IN EVERYDAY TO REVISE :cool: if my mum forces me to go out somewhere I'd just practice my flashcards on my phone whenever I can- I'm too anxious to waste ANY revision time.
Why did you want to take autumn exams? Because you think you won't be able to get AAA??
Reply 9
Original post by npic9
I’m going to see how results day is and if I don’t get the grades I want then I’ll be taking the autumn exams. So I’m going to start revising from the 13th lol. Good luck tho!!

Wahh thank you <3 Why do you feel like you'd take autumn exams? Do you think your teacher-assessed grades will be one grade below your desired grade or something?:shock:
Reply 10
Original post by Voxxia
Wahh thank you <3 Why do you feel like you'd take autumn exams? Do you think your teacher-assessed grades will be one grade below your desired grade or something?:shock:

I’m trying my best to think positive that I’ll get them bc if I don’t do well my parents are gunna be angry :/ , however my A level teachers are very harsh especially when it came to the mocks ( we did the 2019 papers ) they weren’t marking them to the grade boundaries as last year but making the grade boundaries up themselves so a lot of people in my classes were getting U’s & D’s. So they might be or might not be giving us our desired grades, it’s just really unpredictable rn which is scary.
Original post by Voxxia
How far are you into completing your revision?
When did you start SERIOUSLY studying with no procrastination?
Do you think you'll achieve the grades you want this Autumn?

:frown: I'm really worried because I feel like I won't finish revising for it so I'm asking if someone is in the same position as me anxiety-wise

I am and honestly I spent so much time revising thinking they're for November because I saw that on an exam centre and now they're in October so like fml ;/ one less month I guess. But we have two months so, I feel like that too, it's just best to write everything you don't know or are stuck on and just go through that, and polish that off, and also bust out as many past papers as you can! x
Original post by Greens.loco

Same I'm aiming for two an A* and A in bio and chem, I'm getting a high B/A for chem and an A in bio, in past papers, now I'm trying to brush up everything here and there and do past papers and memorise the markscheme and hack into it thats the only thing I can do
Reply 13
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
I am and honestly I spent so much time revising thinking they're for November because I saw that on an exam centre and now they're in October so like fml ;/ one less month I guess. But we have two months so, I feel like that too, it's just best to write everything you don't know or are stuck on and just go through that, and polish that off, and also bust out as many past papers as you can! x

I THOUGHT THEY WERE FOR NOVEMBER TOO!:eek: But do you think you'd finish revising by October? I've been revising ever since lockdown but when I went through the topics I revised since lockdown again I feel like I've forgotten them and it all went to waste :frown: The first exams are on the 5th of October too :'( Thank you <3 I shall
Original post by Voxxia
I THOUGHT THEY WERE FOR NOVEMBER TOO!:eek: But do you think you'd finish revising by October? I've been revising ever since lockdown but when I went through the topics I revised since lockdown again I feel like I've forgotten them and it all went to waste :frown: The first exams are on the 5th of October too :'( Thank you <3 I shall

They start on the 5th but remember we don't know official dates until after they all had their results day. I know I thought it was for November, so I was carefully plodding along, I now have two months left to finish everything fml :smile:. I don't know if I'd finish I sure am aiming to finish just at the end of September.
Reply 15
They start on the 5th but remember we don't know official dates until after they all had their results day. I know I thought it was for November, so I was carefully plodding along, I now have two months left to finish everything fml :smile:. I don't know if I'd finish I sure am aiming to finish just at the end of September.

Whaaa I thought they already gave the official dates though?
I saw the documents and they said the dates were out e.g. for A-level Biology

Paper 1: Monday 12th October (am)
Paper 2: Friday 16th October (am)
Paper 3: Tuesday 20th October (pm)
Original post by Voxxia
Whaaa I thought they already gave the official dates though?
I saw the documents and they said the dates were out e.g. for A-level Biology

Paper 1: Monday 12th October (am)
Paper 2: Friday 16th October (am)
Paper 3: Tuesday 20th October (pm)

That's acc fairly decent however I don't like it how there are four days in between them, is this for AQA?

That means we got well over two months and two weeks which I mean isn't really bad for Bio, I'm just brushing up on some things, I have twenty-five past papers to hammer myself through over the next few days and weeks so :smile: .

I bet you, they're going to shove chemistry on the 14th and 18th :smile: if they do that I swear...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
That's acc fairly decent however I don't like it how there are four days in between them, is this for AQA?

That means we got well over two months and two weeks which I mean isn't really bad for Bio, I'm just brushing up on some things, I have twenty-five past papers to hammer myself through over the next few days and weeks so :smile: .

I bet you, they're going to shove chemistry on the 14th and 18th :smile: if they do that I swear...

:') Probably, I haven't checked but here it is:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6608076
Original post by Voxxia
:') Probably, I haven't checked but here it is:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6608076

Ahh I've been kind of steering away from everything exam based on TSR, mainly because I just sort of like plodding along and don't want to scare myself silly or stress myself out.
But I'm sure, everything will be okay, we have time most importantly, and it's no use setting ourselves up for failure, we have to aim for the grades.
Reply 19
Ahh I've been kind of steering away from everything exam based on TSR, mainly because I just sort of like plodding along and don't want to scare myself silly or stress myself out.
But I'm sure, everything will be okay, we have time most importantly, and it's no use setting ourselves up for failure, we have to aim for the grades.

I've been steering away from everything exam based for like 3 months too but the closer it is to the exams the higher the anxiety but you're right tbh :frown: We have to aim for the grades in a limited time period so ig the anxiety gives me motivation in a way hehe but it's impossible to concentrate and be anxious but thank you <3:sad::hugs:

Quick Reply