Original post by Kubsyy
That’s really good!

My results were:
H Business - B
H Admin - B
H ESOL - C
Nat 5 English - A
Nat 5 Spanish -A

I was really happy (except for ESOL :/) because the prelims went terrible but I got what I wanted.

Next year I’ll be doing:
H Physics (crash)
H Computer science (at college)
H Spanish
H English
Nat 5 maths (I have plans to do higher at college - I have to anyways)

So yeah I’m excited. Hope you will enjoy university :smile:

Good job, wish you all the best with your studies.

I'm sure I will, just got to get through this year first then I can have the time of my life for 5 years, lol.
Original post by JamesRKing
Great now thats me been ****ing denied from all universities because the SQA are being pricks in their marking schemes. Prelims would've got me in no bother, but this is a piss take. I now have absolutely no clue what I'm going to do with my life. I'm actually lost.

Hi, James. How are things looking at the end of the week?

Did you get any sense out of Glasgow re your status, or any joy looking for another uni course?

I trust that if your SQA grades are lower than the estimates your school passed on to them that your school will provide evidence for an appeal? SQA have promised to get the results of any urgent appeals back in time to meet the universities' deadline.
(edited 3 years ago)
Did anyone get their required grades for an English uni - Has Track updated for you? My daughter met her conditions, but Track has not yet updated. Do they wait for A-levels?
Original post by NellyP3
Did anyone get their required grades for an English uni - Has Track updated for you? My daughter met her conditions, but Track has not yet updated. Do they wait for A-levels?

Well done to your daughter! :biggrin: If she's met the conditions, there shouldn't be any delay in track updating (the offer is contractual!). Phone up the uni tomorrow & check whether they have received all of her results - it could just be that somewhere along the line her grades haven't reached them. Let us know how you get on :smile:
From John Swinney (via Twitter):

"On #SQAResults I have heard the anger of students who feel their hard work has been taken away from them and I am determined to address it. These are unprecedented times and as we have said throughout this pandemic, we will not get everything right first time.

Every student deserves a grade that reflects the work they have done, and that is what I want to achieve. I have been engaged in detailed discussions over the way forward and I know that we need to act and act quickly to give certainty to our young people.

I will set out on Tuesday in @ScotParl how we intend to achieve that."

Am hopeful that this will make a meaningful change for a fairer process :redface:
Original post by Labrador99
From John Swinney (via Twitter):

"On #SQAResults I have heard the anger of students who feel their hard work has been taken away from them and I am determined to address it. These are unprecedented times and as we have said throughout this pandemic, we will not get everything right first time.

Every student deserves a grade that reflects the work they have done, and that is what I want to achieve. I have been engaged in detailed discussions over the way forward and I know that we need to act and act quickly to give certainty to our young people.

I will set out on Tuesday in @ScotParl how we intend to achieve that."

Am hopeful that this will make a meaningful change for a fairer process :redface:

I hope; I sincerely hope we will be able to do exams just like England does in Autumn.
Original post by NellyP3

They ought to have updated Track during the SQA embargo period which ended at 9 a.m. on 4 August.

Your daughter should them a call tomorrow to ask if there is any reason why the uni hasn't made her place unconditional.
Original post by 学生の父
They ought to have updated Track during the SQA embargo period which ended at 9 a.m. on 4 August.

Your daughter should them a call tomorrow to ask if there is any reason why the uni hasn't made her place unconditional.

We did get in touch with them but they told her no updates till 13th aug - we even complained to ucas (who say they got in touch with uni🤔) as unis have to decide quickly but nothing happened so need to wait now. Not happy but what else can she do.
Original post by Bluebells602003
We did get in touch with them but they told her no updates till 13th aug - we even complained to ucas (who say they got in touch with uni🤔) as unis have to decide quickly but nothing happened so need to wait now. Not happy but what else can she do.

The good thing is that she can be confident that she got the grades to meet the conditions. It's rather naughty of the university not to have updated Track when SQA sent the grades to them at the end of July.

Tell your daughter to relax, and wait for 8 a.m. on Thursday. If Track hasn't updated for her by then, feel free to inform the uni in a forthright manner precisely how you feel. (Allowing for the fact that the person on the other end of the line probably bears no personal responsibility for the oversight!)
Original post by 学生の父
The good thing is that she can be confident that she got the grades to meet the conditions. It's rather naughty of the university not to have updated Track when SQA sent the grades to them at the end of July.

Tell your daughter to relax, and wait for 8 a.m. on Thursday. If Track hasn't updated for her by then, feel free to inform the uni in a forthright manner precisely how you feel. (Allowing for the fact that the person on the other end of the line probably bears no personal responsibility for the oversight!)

Very true, thank you. I think it’s more the fact that if my daughter wanted to change etc and even choose a Scottish uni then by the time they updated her offer the vacancies would have been filled here and give her no chance of changing or if adjustment was available again she’s disadvantaged. Not that she wants to do either but it’s the principal of things that the uni should have done. Anyway she’s happy with her choice and knows she’s in due to meeting conditions even if she’s waiting to get it officially
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Bluebells602003
Very true, thank you. I think it’s more the fact that if my daughter wanted to change etc and even choose a Scottish uni then by the time they updated her offer the vacancies would have been filled here and give her no chance of changing or if adjustment was available again she’s disadvantaged. Not that she wants to do either but it’s the principal of things that the uni should have done. Anyway she’s happy with her choice and knows she’s in due to meeting conditions even if she’s waiting to get it officially

It is hard having to wait for the English results, but like your daughter, mine is confident that her place is secure, as she met her requirements. She sent them a quick email today just to confirm that they have received her results, as her sister (who was waiting last year, having just missed her required grades) was told by her first choice university that they had not received any results from Scotland. Thankfully, she ended up going to her insurance choice - who would want to go to a university that didn't even know they were missing a batch of results?
Original post by NellyP3
It is hard having to wait for the English results, but like your daughter, mine is confident that her place is secure, as she met her requirements. She sent them a quick email today just to confirm that they have received her results, as her sister (who was waiting last year, having just missed her required grades) was told by her first choice university that they had not received any results from Scotland. Thankfully, she ended up going to her insurance choice - who would want to go to a university that didn't even know they were missing a batch of results?

Yes my daughters uni confirmed she’s met her conditions so it’s just a matter of waiting for ucas to update and emails to follow from uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending