gee321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Pls, answer this maths question. Harry, Oliver and Alyssa are rehearsing music routines. Harry takes 42 seconds to finish his drum routine, Oliver takes 28 seconds to finish his bass routine and Alyssa completes her piano routine in 224 seconds. They all start practising at the same time and keep repeating their routines when completed. How long would it take before they all finish at exactly the same time?
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by gee321)
Pls, answer this maths question. Harry, Oliver and Alyssa are rehearsing music routines. Harry takes 42 seconds to finish his drum routine, Oliver takes 28 seconds to finish his bass routine and Alyssa completes her piano routine in 224 seconds. They all start practising at the same time and keep repeating their routines when completed. How long would it take before they all finish at exactly the same time?
What are you thinking so far?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It going to be a terrible noise. There must be a smart algebraic way to calculate this. However I did it by spotting 28 divides in to 224, 8 times so the bass will always finish at the same time as the piano. Then you need to work out how many cycles of piano before the 42 of drums divides with an integer value. By iteration this is 3 cycles, so the answer is hopefully 3 x 224 = 672s.
Pablopip
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/3hjune2018ans.pdf This link takes you to worked solutions to June 2018 Higher Paper 3. Question 10 of this paper is similar to the above one.

https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/3hjune2018.html This link takes you to a video explaining there worked solutions. Again, look at question 10

Sorry but this is all I can do because I don't think TSR policy allows us to post solutions.
glowing_starfish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
😢I had the same type of q in my mock but it was on 3 light bulbs flickering 😫
gee321
Rep:
?
(Original post by glowing_starfish)
😢I had the same type of q in my mock but it was on 3 light bulbs flickering 😫
u do lcm on questions like that. search for keywords like at the same time, least etc for lcm and for hcf search for keywords which involve splitting into rows or greatest or highest. xx
glowing_starfish
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
u do lcm on questions like that. search for keywords like at the same time, least etc for lcm and for hcf search for keywords which involve splitting into rows or greatest or highest. xx
Im getting my results in less than a month but Thanks tho😂
gee321
Rep:
?
(Original post by glowing_starfish)
Im getting my results in less than a month but Thanks tho😂
rah might be useful in ur real ones uno😶🙂
glowing_starfish
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
rah might be useful in ur real ones uno😶🙂
Not gonna do my real ones lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (20)
18.35%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (28)
25.69%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (61)
55.96%

Watched Threads