The Student Room Group

Offered new job! Handing notice in to current employer

After many months of searching and rejections, I finally have a new job as an office junior! I'm so relived, having been stuck in retail forever which I hate it is a marvellous feeling. Now the only thing I need to do is tell my current manager tomorrow morning and give 2 weeks notice. I've got my letter ready and have asked for 5 minutes of her time tomorrow, but how do I word it when giving it to her? I'm a bit nervous about what her reaction might be, and of course I need to ask for a reference.
Congratulations on your new job!

I think the best thing to do is phrase it positively - say you’re grateful for the experience you’ve gained at this job and thankful for the time they’ve spent training you etc but that it’s time for you to move on, and so you’re giving your two weeks notice and then give the letter. Worker turnover in retail is relatively high so don’t feel bad, you won’t be the first and you won’t be the last :smile:
Reply 2
Just be positive, explain that you are very grateful for the opportunity they have given you however it is time to move on, have new experiences, learn new skills etc. Do not feel bad (I always do whenever I resign) - you're doing whats right for you and your employers will have seen it many a times
Congratulations and well done especially in the current climate. I agree with both the other two replies so go with that and good luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending